WIP Neko and the Gecko

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Little Yamori

WIP Neko and the Gecko

Post by Little Yamori »

Almost there! Never thought this would take 2 years. Water has been a challenge, but I've had some encouraging results with some fun scenes. Anyway, this is a taste of how some of it will look. I'm still working in AS Debut 6, and find it has been able to get done what I need at this point, but I really can't wait to jump into Pro 11, for the next project.

Hope it piques some interest for the final animation.

LY

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: WIP Neko and the Gecko

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Nice! I love and I'm intrigued about what you did for the water :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Víctor Paredes wrote:Nice! I love and I'm intrigued about what you did for the water :)

Wow, thanks Victor. It actually wasn't too hard. I used this guy's description on breaking down water for painting as a guide. http://www.explore-acrylic-painting.com ... water.html and then I watched a scene in Miyazaki's Spirited Away (near the end when Chihiro is going with Rin to the train stop in the water) for some ideas on how it should look animated.

Basically, I made a vector of the sandy bottom, another very blurred vector of some underwater shade spots, I used a png (basically just some light rock colors blended together in Corel paint) for the coral/stone under water that I also heavily blurred in the layer options, then I covered everything with a semi-transparent light blue gradient vector for the water and animated the gradient just slightly up and down. I did some blurred brighter lines underneath, for the light reflections over the rocks, and a semi-transparent layer on top of everything which is both slightly darker in one section, and slightly lighter in the other to create the surface light and reflection (duplicated this layer and staggered it in the sequencer so I could use it to cover more surface space). Lastly I made a mask on the turtle ( I think I just duplicated the 1st water layer) to have the bottom half of the turtle appear like it's underwater.

Hope I explained this right.

I really can't wait to show the final animation, It has a lot of different looks in it that I'm excited to share and get feedback on :-)

Thanks,

LY
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Absolutely amazing. Thanks for the link!
Cheers, Larry
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Looking great! :)
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Thanks for the kind comments guys. Can't wait for the finish line on this one, wish I would have been as organized as Greenlaw when I started
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That's looks nice! The water effect is pretty convincing.

G.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

This looks wonderful! I love the water. Looking forward to seeing more. :D