Animated Opening Sequence for Drone Videos

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ThatsNotAllFolks

Animated Opening Sequence for Drone Videos

Post by ThatsNotAllFolks »

I got a DJI Phantom Drone with GoPro and Im gonna shoot videos with it. I made this Animated opening sequence with Anime Studio Pro 10.1 for those videos.

jahnocli

Re: Animated Opening Sequence for Drone Videos

Post by jahnocli »

All I see is a black rectangle...and now it appears. That must have taken about 5 minutes! For an opening sequence!! Involving very little actual animation!? Is it 4K or something?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
ThatsNotAllFolks

jahnocli wrote:All I see is a black rectangle...and now it appears. That must have taken about 5 minutes! For an opening sequence!! Involving very little actual animation!? Is it 4K or something?
I'm not sure I understand your seemingly passionate and angry critique of this little cartoon video that means nothing. I bought a drone, and I will shoot some video with it (and crash it probably). I will show those drone/GoPro videos to my friends and family, and put this silly cartoon "involving very little actual animation" at the beginning of it and it took much longer than 5minutes to make. (I must be a retard, right?)
But I now have a good story about how this person from the UK got kinda angry about it on the Lost Marble forum and used 4 exclamation points in his post. Wow, really?
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

I think that works great as an opening sequence. :D
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Ha ha -- no, I'm not angry -- I was puzzled that something with so little content should take 5 minutes to load. But if you think you have a good story, don't let truth get in the way...
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

that's odd, it didn't have any noticeable load time for me. I wonder if it's a vimeo issue?
ThatsNotAllFolks

jahnocli wrote:Ha ha -- no, I'm not angry -- I was puzzled that something with so little content should take 5 minutes to load. But if you think you have a good story, don't let truth get in the way...
Aauugh! I apologize for the brash knee-jerk reply earlier. I didn't realize your comments were aimed at the way it was loading and behaving as a file. I thought you were commenting on my simple choices for the cartoon. Please forgive me and my silly & bit angry reply. Thanks for watching it as a matter of fact.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

ThatsNotAllFolks wrote:
jahnocli wrote:Ha ha -- no, I'm not angry -- I was puzzled that something with so little content should take 5 minutes to load. But if you think you have a good story, don't let truth get in the way...
Aauugh! I apologize for the brash knee-jerk reply earlier. I didn't realize your comments were aimed at the way it was loading and behaving as a file. I thought you were commenting on my simple choices for the cartoon. Please forgive me and my silly & bit angry reply. Thanks for watching it as a matter of fact.
Don't worry -- I've been using forums long enough to know that text messages without context can give entirely the wrong message! Good to see you here, and I look forward to your films.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

It looked good and was nice, short, and to the point. Well done!
~Danimal
ThatsNotAllFolks

Danimal wrote:It looked good and was nice, short, and to the point. Well done!

Thankyou Danimal
HanglideProductions

Post by HanglideProductions »

that was neat it should fit pretty well with the drone videos
ThatsNotAllFolks

HanglideProductions wrote:that was neat it should fit pretty well with the drone videos
Thankyou HanglideProductions. :D
ThatsNotAllFolks

I also did the Voice Work in this animation....I was shooting for a Boris Karloff sounding voice, similar to his narration of "The Grinch"...what do you think?
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

ThatsNotAllFolks wrote:I also did the Voice Work in this animation....I was shooting for a Boris Karloff sounding voice, similar to his narration of "The Grinch"...what do you think?
I think the voice acting was my favorite part. (Sound work overall is good.) :)

In fact, now knowing the style and intended goal for this kind of intro, I would love to hear more narration and see some finished products (or works in progress) with the drone footage.

Nice job.
-ddrake
ThatsNotAllFolks

ddrake wrote:
ThatsNotAllFolks wrote:I also did the Voice Work in this animation....I was shooting for a Boris Karloff sounding voice, similar to his narration of "The Grinch"...what do you think?
I think the voice acting was my favorite part. (Sound work overall is good.) :)

In fact, now knowing the style and intended goal for this kind of intro, I would love to hear more narration and see some finished products (or works in progress) with the drone footage.

Nice job.
Thankyou! I will post some of those vids to this site when I finally shoot and edit drone footage. I have a DJI Phantom with a GoPro camera and Gimbal on it. Its Awesome and Loads of fun.