A couple of new characters for 2015...

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Kadoogan

Re: A couple of new characters for 2015...

Post by Kadoogan »

3deeguy - very sorry to hear that these projects are giving you such a hard time. I always find that during the projects they seem difficult, but when completed, it is one of the best feelings to see it in it's final form. Very satisfying. I have been lucky enough to get decent pay from the projects as well, especially this second time around. I hope you are at least being fairly compensated for your efforts.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Kadoogan, saying you 'hope I'm being fairly compensated for my efforts' is a major compliment. Thank you! :D
I enjoy animating a lot. I need experience in writing a script.
If I'm working on an 'explainer' video or a tutorial I need a good blueprint to work from. One of the headaches of a bad script would be realizing 'minute three doesn't make sense after I've animated minute six'.
Cheers, Larry
Kadoogan

Post by Kadoogan »

I wonder if, beyond more accurate scripting, if doing an animatic prior to fully animating the project would help?
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Kadoogan wrote:I wonder if, beyond more accurate scripting, if doing an animatic prior to fully animating the project would help?
First, Let me give you a progress report. I registered with Rawscripts.com and created a pdf to send to my brother who is involved with a young people's acting club. I also sent him a draft video that I had abandoned a couple of years ago because of my inexperience.
I got stuck because I didn't know how to solve the problems I had with voice acting for my characters at that time. I'll edit the video to benefit from their input short of creating new artwork for it. (I don't want to create artwork in version 7 anymore)
I now see the benefit of creating an animatic. What software would you recommend?
Cheers, Larry
Kadoogan

Post by Kadoogan »

Well, generally I use Adobe Premiere for video editing, and it is pretty good for doing animatics generally, but you could still use Anime Studio for animatics as well.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Kadoogan wrote:... but you could still use Anime Studio for animatics as well.
At this point I should start a new thread after first researching 'animatics'. I don't want to hijack this one.
One of my early notions was that I would avoid techniques like "squash and stretch" because I like the look of 'realism' in my artwork. That notion was the result of inexperience.
In my last project it became clear that I had to use 'squash and stretch' as well as 'anticipation' to clarify the points I was trying to make.
I do need the visual part of script building.
Cheers, Larry
Kadoogan

Post by Kadoogan »

It's actually a bit hypocritical for me to recommend an animatic - I have never had time to do one for the paid-for work I have been doing. the storyboard and script have been as far as I have ever had to go. This may be largely because I work under my own system, so I can get away with that. There may come a time - so far not yet.

But I would still recommend it overall, especially in your case just because it might prevent unnecessary animation from occurring (for lack of a better way to put it).