Street Harassment is Violence

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Street Harassment is Violence

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hi, I participated on this video with ideas for the script, animation and final composition.
Since street harassment is a serious and mostly invisible problem -part of a disastrous patriarchal society-, I'm very proud and happy to contribute with a chilean organization (OCAC) to, at least, with this video, generate some kind of debate about the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R68pFFn45k
We put English subtitles, since it's a problem on most of the world. If you agree with it, it would be great if you could spread the video on your social networks.
Thanks.

Credits:
Direction and script: OCAC Chile
Ilustration: Maritza Piña
Animation and composition: Víctor Paredes
Locution: Ingrid Isensee
Translation: Isidora Ortiz
​Music: ​BrunoXe

PD: On the animation side, I think it's an interesting project, since it's animated on 2's, which gives it a very nice fluency. I'm planning to make a short tutorial about how to get that kind of animating working in AS.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
neeters_guy

Re: Street Harassment is Violence

Post by neeters_guy »

Such great work and a worthy cause too. Kudos to you, sir.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Great video!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Now I made this gif, just because I love gifs
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Genete

Post by Genete »

As usual, perfect. Chapeau!
-G
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

It looks great but are you sure all that stuff is true? It's sure going to change how I ride on public transportation from now on! :lol:
~Danimal
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Danimal wrote:It looks great but are you sure all that stuff is true? It's sure going to change how I ride on public transportation from now on! :lol:
Hehe, no, there are not human octopuses in the public transport (at least not in Chile), but many people act like one.
Anyway, this first step try to educate teenagers about what to do when suffering street harassment. A second part will be focused on how the witnesses should also help to stop any kind of sexism, even when it looks "normal" (some years ago -not many- it was "normal" girls couldn't vote). A third part, the hardest, will be about making understand the offender why it's wrong to do it.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

It got so bad in Tokyo that at rush hour they have designated women only cars. Rush hour is particularly bad, where you're literally pressed into the people around you, so weird men often take advantage of the situation with wandering hands. The only males allowed in the women's rush hour cars are small boys with their mothers
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Today the video was posted on a mexican magazine facebook page. In 15 hours it got 530.000 views. I'm impressed.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... 2815689810
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com