Work in progress (Finished!)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

3deeguy

Work in progress (Finished!)

Post by 3deeguy »

I have deleted the unlisted videos and replaced them with the finished video
This project is only half finished and I plan to use an animated hand and forearm instead of the red circles because I think it will help when I explain the arithmetic. I have two questions about what I've done so far: Does the "Intro" screen drag too long and would you add a gradient background? Also, is the volume too high?

Last edited by 3deeguy on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers, Larry
Danimal

Re: Work in progress

Post by Danimal »

3deeguy wrote:Does the "Intro" screen drag too long and would you add a gradient background? Also, is the volume too high?
No and no. I was hoping it would go on. Interesting stuff!
~Danimal
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Danimal wrote:... I was hoping it would go on. Interesting stuff!
That's what I hope viewers will say. When I started this I said "no characters" but now I think if I use an animated hand that points to what I'm trying to say it may work better than just drawing circles. I'll use circles and hands. I'll post it again when I'm finished before I post it to YouTube. It's better to have mistakes pointed out here than deal with potential rudeness on YouTube!
Cheers, Larry
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Really clear, great way of breaking it down, though I'm completely lost with circuitry concepts, just the way it is presented seems like I could start to follow along.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Little Yamori, I can't tell you how excited I would be if viewers told me that it was easy to understand. I just finished testing an animated hand that's not too fancy. I think it looks just right. I'm also rewriting the script.
I think animation gives us a big advantage in communicating our ideas. I said I wouldn't use character animation but a 'hand' is an effective communication tool. A big key for me is making the math easy to understand.
Cheers, Larry
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

I've added an animated hand. Still unfinished and need of edits but I don't want to bore anybody so I think one minute and 15 seconds is enough. I think it may be 3 or 4 minutes long when I'm done.
My voice starts to sound 'singsong' but I think it's OK because I'd rather focus on the concept and not me. Please tell me your thoughts. If I can make improvements I'd rather hear from people in this forum before I make it public on YouTube.

Cheers, Larry
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

For me, I don't think you need the hand. In fact, I think it doesn't fit with the rest of the design and is even a slight distraction. I would just highlight a background shape behind whatever I wanted to draw attention to. Keep it cool and objective. I like it, actually, and I'd even be interested in seeing more!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

What a cool project!
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

jahnocli, I think you made a good call. I asked a friend if the hand was distracting and he said yes. Using a highlight to direct attention sounds like it might work. I'll try it.
Iwaxana, Thanks :D
Cheers, Larry
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

I think jahnocli's critique was exactly my impression, also because the hand had to keep up with the pace of the explanation, so it moved very fast which became a distraction, otherwise, a really great teaching model of a technical subject.

Great work
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Little Yamori wrote:I think jahnocli's critique was exactly my impression, also because the hand had to keep up with the pace of the explanation, so it moved very fast which became a distraction, otherwise, a really great teaching model of a technical subject.

Great work
"...the hand had to keep up with..." a confusing explanation! That bugged me too but I couldn't put my finger on it. All I needed to do there was list the steps to get the answer.
I'll make the changes. I gotta get back to work. :)
Cheers, Larry
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

I replaced the hand with highlights which I think it works better. I replaced some of my worst audio and I think I it's clearer. I still have a ways to go so if someone sees something it will be easier to edit now than later.

Cheers, Larry
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Really looks great!
~Danimal
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

It's looking really good. (it's just that my head spins as I try to comprehend the concepts, my bad :shock: )

nice work
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

Looking nicer and cleaner with the simplicity of the highlights. The other good news is that it's starting to make a little more sense to me. (but since it's not really a topic I know much about, we can't be sure if it's because your explanation and approaches are getting clearer or if it's because I've watched each iteration several times. :wink: )

Keep up the good work. Maybe I'll learn something in the process :)
-ddrake