an attempt at psychedelic transitioning / dancing

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sargumphigaus

an attempt at psychedelic transitioning / dancing

Post by sargumphigaus »

So I'm working on a music video for my cousin's death metal band, which is about getting high off of fermented poopy fumes. There's a portion in the song where the song builds up to the epic guitar solo, and I have decided to portion this into an attempt at animating psychedelic imagery such as melting dumpster churches and dancing four armed naked women. You'll notice that I haven't created the background yet. That's something I'm going to do as soon as I finish uploading this.

This isn't safe for work. There is nudity, however i need to stress that the nudity isn't the "Punchline" of the sequence. It's more about making the movements convincing, which for me was a very intimidating challenge to accomplish, as I have never tried to something this complicated.

It' will come across as total nonsense, since it is just a 25 second sequence pulled out of the music video, but I hope you enjoy it for its animation properties.

EHEBrandon

Re: an attempt at psychedelic transitioning / dancing

Post by EHEBrandon »

I really like this... Good job! :D
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Great animation and the dancing is impressive. I'm animating dancing myself right at this very moment (just a simple cycle) so I was very curious to see what you'd done. Looking good :D
wormpoo21

Post by wormpoo21 »

The dancing chick movements look really good.

Looking forward to the end result.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Interesting use of a different style for the dancing girl. Kind of minimalist. Of course, once the background's added that may change.
~Danimal
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Oh for goodness' sake... as if I don't have enough trouble sleeping at night as it is!
Very creepy and mind altering.

:)

p.s. Had a rough weekend. The scene in your animation of the "dumpster" morphing and twisting reminds me of an idea inspired by my really awful weekend. We had some issues with some of those nasty people on the "internets" who like to spread "digital disease" and cause mayhem just for the jollies they get from it (note the absence of specific keywords so as not to attract unwanted attention ;) )

Basically a peaceful sunday became a frantic scramble to restore and fix all kinds of problems.

My idea... websites are living creatures in some sort of zoo or wildlife park. Most of these websites are fine and won't hurt each other but there are those that get some kind of infection like "internet rabies" that causes them to go rogue and start attacking everything in sight, spreading the infection. In our case we tracked it down to literally a single website (not created by us, we just hosted it).

To protect the rest of the creatures in the zoo, we shot it with a tranquilizer from a distance, put on hazmat suits and carefully sterilized it and removed the nasty bits. We then wrapped it in plastic and moved it to its own private holding pen where hopefully, it can live free without harming anything else if it gets sick again.

;)
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

heyvern wrote:Oh for goodness' sake... as if I don't have enough trouble sleeping at night as it is!
Very creepy and mind altering.

:)

p.s. Had a rough weekend. The scene in your animation of the "dumpster" morphing and twisting reminds me of an idea inspired by my really awful weekend. We had some issues with some of those nasty people on the "internets" who like to spread "digital disease" and cause mayhem just for the jollies they get from it (note the absence of specific keywords so as not to attract unwanted attention ;) )

Basically a peaceful sunday became a frantic scramble to restore and fix all kinds of problems.

My idea... websites are living creatures in some sort of zoo or wildlife park. Most of these websites are fine and won't hurt each other but there are those that get some kind of infection like "internet rabies" that causes them to go rogue and start attacking everything in sight, spreading the infection. In our case we tracked it down to literally a single website (not created by us, we just hosted it).

To protect the rest of the creatures in the zoo, we shot it with a tranquilizer from a distance, put on hazmat suits and carefully sterilized it and removed the nasty bits. We then wrapped it in plastic and moved it to its own private holding pen where hopefully, it can live free without harming anything else if it gets sick again.

;)

That's an interesting idea. That kind of reminds me of a similar premise I was going to make. It was supposed to be a satircal jab at the internet's vain nature. In the end, I wound up not pursuing it because I didn't feel like I was good enough at the craft to execute it. Basically, it was about a villain that went on a crime spree. As an allegorical demonstration of youtube comment trolls, this creature would be a biped humanoid monster but with extreme pig like qualities such as the ears and spiral tail. But he didn't have a face at all (anonymity, get it!?), and all it did was dissent upon everybody it came across, butthurting them to the point that they would all go berserk and turn on each other, turning the city into total anarchy, and the only way you could defeat this monster was by trying to out argue with it over current controversies. Not surprisingly, this creature is at its most powerful during US Presidential Election Campaigns.

And here's the thing, as I type this out, the appeal of the whole thing just kind of....dies away...maybe I'll never make it.
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

Apropos of nearly nothing, every time I come across a random "cyriak" post, I can't help but think of sargumphigaus. You'll have to take this as you will, but I'm fairly sure I mean it as a compliment. I hope you take it as such.
-ddrake
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Heh heh! Wow, that is a bona fide nightmare!!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

ddrake wrote:Apropos of nearly nothing, every time I come across a random "cyriak" post, I can't help but think of sargumphigaus. You'll have to take this as you will, but I'm fairly sure I mean it as a compliment. I hope you take it as such.
bit on the tacky side, i'm more into stuff like this

lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Wow, that looks great! The dancing animation with the secondary motion on the braid is so natural and convincing that the viewer won't even realize how well animated it is. It would be nice to have some close up shots during the dance. I think the full body shot is most appropriate for some parts of the dance, but for other parts I was thinking that I "couldn't see" as I watched and I wanted to zoom in.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

lwaxana wrote:Wow, that looks great! The dancing animation with the secondary motion on the braid is so natural and convincing that the viewer won't even realize how well animated it is. It would be nice to have some close up shots during the dance. I think the full body shot is most appropriate for some parts of the dance, but for other parts I was thinking that I "couldn't see" as I watched and I wanted to zoom in.

The dance part was just the animation of that alone, nothing else was done. In order to establish a cinematic quality, I had to make sure that the motions were perfect. and because that took me 4 days of of 5 hour sessions to complete, I was way too excited not to share it. anyways, I've since finished that piece, and made a couple of more shots.

here you go. The zoomed version and extended edition