Anime Studio Character tests

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

neeters_guy

Anime Studio Character tests

Post by neeters_guy »

Haven't done much animating lately. I've been playing around with different rig set ups in the past several months so I thought I throw them together in a short compilation.

I feel like I should start a real ambitious project, but I can't seem to find the right idea... :(
Artpen

Re: Anime Studio Character tests

Post by Artpen »

Great work, fantastic character rigs, really shows the power of the software
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Woah, the sudden shot of three of the same guy walking together was a psychadelic freakout!

Really looks great. Nice characters. I like Rockin' Rambear - he looked like he was having a great time!
~Danimal
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

Great stuff, Neeters!

Did you use a target bone for the guitar?
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

Very nice. I'm particularly impressed with the legs in your front walk cycles. Subtle but necessary depth overlap to make it convincing.

I think maybe the front walk of the blue shirt guy has a bit too much side to side in his upper half, (at least compared to how the 3/4 and profile versions move) but maybe that's to facilitate the nice looking depth changes on the hands overlapping the sides. (At any rate, front walk cycles aren't my strong suit. So don't let me harp on the details.)

A quality display of rigs, and I look forward to any ambitious project you take on. :)
-ddrake
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Yosemite Sam wrote:Did you use a target bone for the guitar?
Speaking of that, just because the nitpicker in me can't resist: I watching the video again, and that's actually a bass. It wouldn't make the sound that we hear.
~Danimal
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

DOUBLE POST :x
Last edited by Danimal on Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Danimal
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Thanks for the feedback everybody. I really appreciate it.
Yosemite Sam wrote:Great stuff, Neeters!
Did you use a target bone for the guitar?
I didn't in this case although that would've been a good use of that tool. Most of these rigs were made in earlier versions and use really basic techniques. I may make these files available after I clean them up a bit.
ddrake wrote:Very nice. I'm particularly impressed with the legs in your front walk cycles. Subtle but necessary depth overlap to make it convincing.

I think maybe the front walk of the blue shirt guy has a bit too much side to side in his upper half, (at least compared to how the 3/4 and profile versions move) but maybe that's to facilitate the nice looking depth changes on the hands overlapping the sides.
Yes, I agree. All of these walks are pretty basic walks, so sometimes I'll add a weird accent to add "personality". I think Richard Williams talks about how just changing the breakdown pose can really alter a walk (going down on the passing position or leaning forward on the stride position, and so on). You can get some really funny and bizarre walks by doing this (maybe that'll be follow up to this :)).
Danimal wrote:...and that's actually a bass. It wouldn't make the sound that we hear.
Heh heh, good catch, Danimal. It's a cheat of course; I thought 6 strings would be too hard to see. Now that I look at it, I missed the guitar cable as well.

Oh well...always good to have an extra set of eyes...;)
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Nice character tests. I especially liked the line work on the bear and the acting animation for the red haired woman. And looking forward to more news on your next big project! Do you have a general concept you're developing or is it completely open? Sounds like you have some exciting decisions ahead!