Looking for some critique - no clip (lots of words)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ddrake

Looking for some critique - no clip (lots of words)

Post by ddrake »

Hi everybody :)

My apologies if "Share your Work" isn't the ideal place to post this, but it's where I tend to be most active...

I'm getting to that point in my current short film project where it would be very helpful to get some feedback before I pass the point of no return, as the deadline is mid July. But I'm put in the odd position where I can't publicly post any of the story content until after it has been shown for the festival. (So I can't just post and share youtube links.) I'll have to do a sort of selective-share for critique. If you've seen any of my recent test posts, then you've already seen some of the visual content, so comments on that here are welcome as well.

But overall for the next couple weeks I'm looking for thoughts on art, style, pacing, nitpicking animation, etc. (The "story" itself is kind of unalterable since that's at the base of the student script competition. )

Essentially it would be nice to have extra eyes to consider whether elements of the project are being executed well. So, basically if you have some free time, and frequent the forums regularly enough that we can potentially share back and forth private messages (without tying up a thread where no one can see what we're talking about,) then I'm open to your feedback.

Though obviously I can't have too many cooks in the kitchen... :roll: or maybe no one will be interested, but I thought I'd put it out there for anyone who might be able to provide some helpful input.

Just drop a line here or message me, and I'm thinking I'll send a dropbox link or something to you when I've got something to share for perusal.

Thanks in advance, you guys rock... :D

...or screw you, I didn't need your help anyway. :wink:
-ddrake
Little Yamori

Re: Looking for some critique - no clip (lots of words)

Post by Little Yamori »

Well, you might be saying screw you to me because time is not readily available on my end, and I've yet to try out "messaging" on the board, but if no one else among the many talented and thoughtful members here are able to lend a hand (or an eye at least) I'm willing to try to help out, but I'm sure you'll get some good insights.

Good luck (I'll check back)

LY
ddrake

Post by ddrake »

Haha, thanks LY :) And of course I don't mean a genuine "screw you" to anyone. I know free time is a concern for many, with all of our personal projects and "real lives."

Just trying to amuse. (Myself mostly. :))

Thanks for the support, and certainly even if you don't have a lot of extra time on your hands, I'll still try to keep you in the loop.
-ddrake
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

I look forward to keeping up with what your doing. You've got some really great creativity coming through with your sets and characters, so to see it all come together should be fun, but I sort of get what your going through, my 1st animation was posted in July of last year, and my second one will probably surpass a year of production until I'm done (hopefully just 6 more weeks) but I won't be uploading it until it's complete, and by then the critiques will be interesting, but too late, since I probably won't be going back to touch up anything, but they'll help for whatever comes after. The dropbox thing is an interesting way to go about it.

I hope it comes together as you envision it

LY
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

show me what you got, and I'll see what I can do for you.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I have been known to give a critique or two and am always willing to help out.
~Danimal
msmart

Post by msmart »

Danimal
You have given me a lot of kindly and valuable advice on my work and i know my skill level is like a child amongst giants , so if you want an amateur's point of view i would be happy to critique yours to the best of my ability .