Funny Cartoons

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rubendg

Funny Cartoons

Post by Rubendg »

These are two short animations I made a few months ago. I'm planning to make more.

I know the animation is very amateur. Unfortunately I don't have much time to make it better, but i'll try to improve it.

What matters to me is what you think of the film itself. If you like and you want to see more, please subscribe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU9ORRun ... e=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69hzh-fbCM4
Danimal

Re: Funny Cartoons

Post by Danimal »

Rubendg wrote:I know the animation is very amateur...What matters to me is what you think of the film itself. If you like and you want to see more, please subscribe.
What?!?! Worrying about story and content over head turns and walk cycles?!?!? And making not one but two cartoons without a single curse word?!?!? BLASPHEMY!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Actually, I'm kidding. It's refreshing to see someone focusing on the actual story, which in this case is super simple to follow and downright hilarious at times. In fact, the cruder animation actually serves the cartoons better, I believe.

Please continue to work on these, there were several laugh-out-loud moments going on in here, to name a few: where Loery puts the bag of chips, the opening of the second cartoon, and everything involving the cow.
~Danimal
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I was... intrigued.

It's so strange what we like and don't like. It's almost impossible to know for sure what will work or not.
There is a TON of stuff on this forum to watch from users of AS, and to be completely honest, some of it barely gets past the first few seconds before I hit the back button.

At first I started to watch and had my cursor over the back button... but for some reason I never clicked it. I think it was the voice. There was something about that weird voice that pulled me in.

I watched the first one all the way through but didn't get through the second one all the way. It was just a bit too much. For something like this, shorter is better I think.
Pinesal

Post by Pinesal »

Agreed. The characters are pretty funny. And the animation style grew on me.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Oddly fixating at points.

Maybe it 's just me, but I thought the outside shot of the house lingered a few seconds too long, so it was a little slow out of the starting gate, and as for the dialog, at times was a hard for me to hear what was being said. (that just might be my ears though)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Little Yamori wrote:Oddly fixating at points.

Maybe it 's just me, but I thought the outside shot of the house lingered a few seconds too long, so it was a little slow out of the starting gate, and as for the dialog, at times was a hard for me to hear what was being said. (that just might be my ears though)
Ha ha! Yes! I thought the outside shot was too long as well. I just figured it was just me being overly critical on minor details... I mean... if I am going to critique a small timing issue... it would open a huge can of worms for other issues I should comment on. ;)

I too could barely understand a fraction of what the main character was saying. I couldn't decide if this was good or bad. I decided since I was still watching it to the end... that not understanding wasn't a deal breaker. ;)
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

I guess we'll have to stay tuned :shock:
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

The crude cheap style works for this, and timing is perfect. That main character is an infectious design, really iconic, I'm jealous that I don't have him in my cast of characters, he's brilliant. Yeah, funny, like the cow chasing the wife, the little looks, the way characters move. Work on making em tighter and funnier, you're onto something with this team.

(this is only a suggestion because I don't want to really change anything, but the backgrounds could possible be more toned down color wise to put more emphasis on the characters)