Pitching The cartoon network and other animation networks

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hayasidist

Re: Pitching The cartoon network and other animation network

Post by hayasidist »

Scabiebabie wrote:
hayasidist wrote:The info above seems to be superseded by info published by the BBC in the UK?? current CBBC commissioning guidelines are here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/commissioning/brie ... enre/cbbc/ and Cbeebies are here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/commissioning/brie ... /cbeebies/ . Those pages have plenty of links to relevent info such as contacts, channel stragey, proposal submission procedures ...

no they don't I just went there and there are no name and emails so anyone can send them any thing and it's only for BBC not to any other network ...
Oh, please! just read it all, look for the hot links - and yes, they're not obvious, but they are there - e.g. down at the end of the CBeebies page:
"
•Independent suppliers should send all proposals to the Controller of CBeebies, Kay Benbow (via e-commissioning).
•Enquiries concerning Acquisitions and Animations should be made to Kay Benbow (but proposals must be submitted via e-commissioning).
"
and if you are able to find and follow the links for strategy and e-commissioning and ... you'll get even more insight into the people and processes together with email addresses. You'll also discover the partner networks such as for Waybuloo: Treehouse TV (Canada), Kids Talk Talk (South Korea) and ABC1 (Australia)...

if you prefer to meet them face to face first, you might like to plan a trip to Manchester (UK). If you're not from the UK please be aware that, although the BBC "can accept ideas from independent companies abroad ... it is very difficult to make these logistically as an independent project probably needs a UK company to parent it. This might be possible for some foreign companies but it is not straightforward. We do not accept ideas from individuals abroad directly, but may consider buying programmes as acquisitions rather than making them." ... and now I'll follow ianmage1's lead and head back to the next piece of paid work... my flight to Manchester leaves soon. :wink:
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING. I'm done. Good bye scabs.
Scabiebabie

Post by Scabiebabie »

hayasidist wrote:
Scabiebabie wrote:
hayasidist wrote:The info above seems to be superseded by info published by the BBC in the UK?? current CBBC commissioning guidelines are here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/commissioning/brie ... enre/cbbc/ and Cbeebies are here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/commissioning/brie ... /cbeebies/ . Those pages have plenty of links to relevent info such as contacts, channel stragey, proposal submission procedures ...

no they don't I just went there and there are no name and emails so anyone can send them any thing and it's only for BBC not to any other network ...
Oh, please! just read it all, look for the hot links - and yes, they're not obvious, but they are there - e.g. down at the end of the CBeebies page:
"
•Independent suppliers should send all proposals to the Controller of CBeebies, Kay Benbow (via e-commissioning).
•Enquiries concerning Acquisitions and Animations should be made to Kay Benbow (but proposals must be submitted via e-commissioning).
"
and if you are able to find and follow the links for strategy and e-commissioning and ... you'll get even more insight into the people and processes together with email addresses. You'll also discover the partner networks such as for Waybuloo: Treehouse TV (Canada), Kids Talk Talk (South Korea) and ABC1 (Australia)...

if you prefer to meet them face to face first, you might like to plan a trip to Manchester (UK). If you're not from the UK please be aware that, although the BBC "can accept ideas from independent companies abroad ... it is very difficult to make these logistically as an independent project probably needs a UK company to parent it. This might be possible for some foreign companies but it is not straightforward. We do not accept ideas from individuals abroad directly, but may consider buying programmes as acquisitions rather than making them." ... and now I'll follow ianmage1's lead and head back to the next piece of paid work... my flight to Manchester leaves soon. :wink:
easier said then done come on please you have to understand that these Americans forum members can't just go to the UK I mean really most of the member here are kids and all of them can't afford to go to the UK let alone pay to go to KIDS SCREEN and that here in the USA. we at the USA want and would rather deal with The cartoon network or Nickelodeon or Disney not the BBC unless your a Brit. you see I don't have to get to follow the links for strategy and e-commissioning or get even more insight into the people and process or discover the partner networks such as for Waybuloo.

I just have to e-mail them because I have all of the phone numbers and email of all the top animation networks and if the members were nicer to me I would maby have given them some leads...NOT!

So while your on your flight to Manchester there here doing nothing but living a pretentious life like sargumphigaus :P :mrgreen:

PS. read this again in a Gilbert Gottfried voice it will make you happy!
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

Crybabie wrote:
I just have to e-mail them because I have all of the phone numbers
Why would you email them if you have their phone numbers...?

EDIT for links:

wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

Scabiebabie wrote:I mean really most of the member here are kids
Excuse me? Wherever did you come up with this delusional idea?
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Abner, if any of your animations ever went viral they would get your email and number. You only have a few YouTube views and subscribers. You really don't have anything you can point to that says you've got a potential money maker on your hands. You've got no contract and no tangible offers.
If I wanted to submit my work to a company I would simply ask who I should contact. These companies have to be actively searching for cartoons that will make money. We already have professional animators in this forum who will share their knowledge based on experience if we want to take that step.
Cheers, Larry
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

This guy will probably see one of his projects on air one day through sheer persistence and tenacity, he clearly isn't letting negative comments stop him.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Scabiebabie wrote:although you probably have the body to be a Sumo Wrestler.
Ooooh, what a burn! Mr. Babies-Kids is apparently mad as hell and isn't going to take it any more!
djwaterman wrote:This guy will probably see one of his projects on air one day through sheer persistence and tenacity, he clearly isn't letting negative comments stop him.
Rather than a victory by attrition, it's far more likely this behavior will just result in a restraining order.
~Danimal
Scabiebabie

Post by Scabiebabie »

I am just a user of anime pro and a very talented artist who can create animation after animation while you just dream about it an never do it. In my point of view its better to break a bunch of eggs and make an omelet whether its a bad one because while you rather be like the person who wrote a book but is afraid to have it published because some one might think is bad and it might hurt your feeling I would rather just do it like the saying goes " Just do it" A pizza is good even if it's a bad pizza. and I am really looking to get my name out there not for you simpletons who respond to my threads with a bad opinion but to the people who really matter because in reality the name "Abner Cologne" is being recognized little by little like the name Tyler Perry to the industry leaders in the animation world because I am a one man team and I can make animated shows one after an other while you can just try.

so far I have like 15 ideas that I am hatching out.

and it is just a matter of time before one of my animation will be the right idea in the hands of the right person at the right time and when that happens my name will be on your mind with a shiggrin in the back ground of your mine echoing " i'll be damned, Abner Cologne did it'

and like i mention "Cootie Kids" is being discuss by industry leaders as we speak

and ever since I saw this video and heard the words of legend Ralph Bakshi creator of "Frits The cat" I have never looked back. I'll tell you one thing if I didn't have connections I have i would not bother because I would be like you. Dear lord...you should be so lucky!