Animation for School Lesson Plan

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Banterfield

Animation for School Lesson Plan

Post by Banterfield »

Hello everyone,

I'm a long time user of Anime Studio - I actually started back in the Moho days when the discussions took place on a Yahoo message board. I was also the winner of the Moho 5 animation contest (that was a loooooong time ago). I haven't been around in a while, but I still love this software!

Anyway, while I was getting my Master's degree in teaching, I made an animation for my students to explain the concept of sequencing in stories. These were third graders, so the tone of the animation is lighthearted, and it doesn't move too fast. I just wanted to share this work which was done using Anime Studio 9. I hope you enjoy it!

http://youtu.be/yiIzT4r6qIk

All the best,

Dave
Dave
3deeguy

Re: Animation for School Lesson Plan

Post by 3deeguy »

I think it's great but I have questions. Have the 3rd graders seen it yet? What was their reaction? Did any of them ask to see it again? I'd also like to know if other teachers have asked to use it.
Cheers, Larry
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

I used this back in the fall of 2012. The tone of the animation was probably a little young for 3rd graders. It would be a better fit for 2nd graders.

The kids seemed to like it and they understood the lesson, so that was nice. My supervising professor (I made this while I was student teaching) really liked it. As far as other teachers asking to use it - almost nobody else besides the class, my professors and my classmates saw it, so no requests to use it. I thought I'd dust it off to share with the message board.

Dave
Dave
hammerjammer

Post by hammerjammer »

Hello Banterfield

Good job.
I think I even learned how to tell my stories in the right order now. My wife always tells me I have the mentality of a 3rd grader.
Do you think there's some sort of a connection here? :lol: Just kidding. very well done. BEFORE my daughter grew up I would use very sort animations to get points across to my daughter, THEN she would laugh and without knowing it learn how to deal with things. AFTER she grew up, She don't always pay attention to me anymore. She thinks I'm weird now. I guess thinking like a child sometime DOES pay off.
Did you catch that? BEFORE, THEN & AFTER. He he. LOL...... SEE, You can teach an old dog(Dad) some new tricks. My wife thanks you too, Maybe I'll grow up now.
NOPE! I think growing up is over rated.

Sorry if all that was slightly off topic.

Good Job, Banterfield.

HammerJammer
Check out All of my animations on my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerAnimation/videos

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Simple animation that conveys an excellent story. This is really great!
~Danimal