Buubles the submarine complete!

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mwtoons

Buubles the submarine complete!

Post by mwtoons »

Hello all. I have finally finished my latest animation.

http://www.ledyard.net/lhs/walach/bubbles.mov

The quality isn't as good as on my TV, and you lose a little of the subtle details (such as the sonar waves), but you'll get the idea. I used it a s a learning tool for me to learn Moho. I made use of all layer types and incorporated Papagayo.

I filmed all of the live dolphin footage myself, with the help of my wife.

I am consturction a Making of site for my students. You can look at it here.

www.members.cox.net/mwtoons

thanks, and any feedback is welcome.

mw
melkman

Post by melkman »

Nice one.
More dolphin then submarine but nice.

Greetings me(lkman)
mwtoons

Post by mwtoons »

"more dolphin than submarine"

Yeah, I was trying to give him some animal attributes, as well as human (speech). I like the fact that there are similar in many ways ie. echo location and sonar.

thanks for looking.

mw
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

That was pretty good :D
lol I recognize a lot of those sound effects and titles effects from iMovie.
James 8)
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Very nice! I especially liked the little things, like the last sonar ping after the end credits.

I liked the bubbles when he talked, and the way he stretched as he went around the coral reef. The sound editing was really good, and the lipsync was perfect for this style of work.

My only suggestion would be that the scenes are a little bit "plain". I would add more fish or dolphins to the scenes with the submarine, or at a minimum, some seaweed or more coral reefs. It just seemed a bit plain to me. Maybe a bit of wave action on the top? Just my opinion.

Overall, nice job!
mwtoons

Post by mwtoons »

My only suggestion would be that the scenes are a little bit "plain". I would add more fish or dolphins to the scenes with the submarine, or at a minimum, some seaweed or more coral reefs. It just seemed a bit plain to me. Maybe a bit of wave action on the top? Just my opinion.
Yeah, I agree. I had some weeds in the original scenes, but lost them later on. I find the moho drawing tools difficult, but maybe I could make use of some image layers with backgrounds drawn in another app.

I'm glad you liked the sound..I spent a lot of time tweeking it. And the ping...didn't think anyone would listen that long.

mw