My independent animated film "Hell! Visa"

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jakez

My independent animated film "Hell! Visa"

Post by jakez »

Hi, all
I am sharing you guys my latest animated short film "Hell Visa"
Animation is done by anime studio and photoshop, and composting is done by After Effect.

The reason I am using Anime Studio is that, I think "tool is tool", I mean, software is just one of tools to present ideas, and I feel AS is the best software at some point to my project. and it is effective.

Rather than techniques, much more important thing is the idea and content.

Here is my piece,
http://vimeo.com/84438646

Enjoy! and feel free to give me critics.

Jake in Los Angeles
lwaxana

Re: My independent animated film "Hell! Visa"

Post by lwaxana »

Really nice! i love the art style and the sound design. Are you in an animation school? Is this a senior project?
jakez

Post by jakez »

Thanks. It's final project for a class last semester. I am 2nd year graduate student
MrSoHot

Post by MrSoHot »

very depressing, in a good way, even though depression is bad. I mean this video kinda reminds me of my uncle who had cancer and died. He was feeling a similar way to the character. Only difference was he lost the fight. Although I like your design. The climax was very well done. I wasn't exactly expecting that even though throughout the film I was wondering why it was named the title. 7/10
Check out my animations. htttp://www.youtube.com/MrSoHotVideos
jakez

Post by jakez »

MrSoHot wrote:very depressing, in a good way, even though depression is bad. I mean this video kinda reminds me of my uncle who had cancer and died. He was feeling a similar way to the character. Only difference was he lost the fight. Although I like your design. The climax was very well done. I wasn't exactly expecting that even though throughout the film I was wondering why it was named the title. 7/10
I am sorry that my piece bring you back to bad memory.
but actually depression is not what I totally want to express, I just want to make it dark humor feeling.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Kind of funny, kind of sad. The little eyebrow wiggle the main character does to the receptionist near the end really made this for me. Simply wonderful animation!
~Danimal
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

I love this kind of style. You do an exceptional job conveying the dark and grim grit of the world and really draw us into the emotions of the protagonist. It's especially interesting to see how the darkness of his reality is far more frightening than your portrayal of hell. The content is so intriguing and well executed that I'm actually wondering about the plot after I have finished watching it, which is in my opinion a huge accomplishment. I wonder if there is a deeper meaning, or if you're just having fun, either way, it stays with the brain when the viewing aspect is over and done with. Very well done sir.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Like it. The dark style is perfect, and so is the slick colourful style for the hell advertising. First time I see those neon colours and gradients put to good use.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Quote by jakez
Rather than techniques, much more important thing is the idea and content.
That is worth remembering.
You captured the sound of his last strand of hair snapping...nice. There was a pause and then...the sound of the card through the reader...Brilliant. Ah, But the character's credit card was Master Card!
Cheers, Larry
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

Great film. Very well done, and an interesting theme.
jakez

Post by jakez »

sargumphigaus wrote:I love this kind of style. You do an exceptional job conveying the dark and grim grit of the world and really draw us into the emotions of the protagonist. It's especially interesting to see how the darkness of his reality is far more frightening than your portrayal of hell. The content is so intriguing and well executed that I'm actually wondering about the plot after I have finished watching it, which is in my opinion a huge accomplishment. I wonder if there is a deeper meaning, or if you're just having fun, either way, it stays with the brain when the viewing aspect is over and done with. Very well done sir.
Thanks for your great note!