my first animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

voozel

my first animation

Post by voozel »

this is my first try lol..i know it needs more work but i just got sick of it and wanted to move on to the next one :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jivrnAN-iF4
Danimal

Re: my first animation

Post by Danimal »

Sort of an abrupt ending there, but like you said you gave up on it. Cute characters and some good animation going on. My favorite was the orange-dressed one on the far right. Looking forward to more of your work!
~Danimal
CraftyGrafty

Post by CraftyGrafty »

voozel wrote:this is my first try lol..i know it needs more work but i just got sick of it and wanted to move on to the next one :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jivrnAN-iF4
LOVE IT!
It's cute, funky, fun, and weird.

There's no harm in taking a break cos when you come back to it you'll have plenty of new ideas. The last thing you want is for you to get bored of it and push yourself to finish it cos you'll just want to finish it and it won't have the quality it deserves cos you've rushed it.

Take your time and enjoy yourself!
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

This is an excellent start. You should finish it, cause the only thing you could lose will be time, but time would pass anyway ,) On the other hand, I see that time as an investment in the next and better animation. You have a grip, don`t lose it.
voozel

Post by voozel »

Thanks guys glad u liked it ..
And i stopped this one because i've benn doing all tutorials, playing around, experience, basics..etc on the same scene lol thats why i got sick of it :) hopefully my next one will be better .
MrSoHot

Post by MrSoHot »

Wow, pretty advanced for your first animation. Atleast it's advanced to me because I'm not very good. But seriously, awesome, I subscribed look forward to more.
Check out my animations. htttp://www.youtube.com/MrSoHotVideos
SvenReyter

Post by SvenReyter »

Nice animation. It worked really well with that song.
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

I thought this was fantastic for your first animation!
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

You got me when the big green head get to the left - I like this muppet-like "bopping"! And then the dancing girl - perfect. You've got a talent for rhythm and dynamic movements, and all these characters are appealing, despite some not so good design choices. Left me grinning.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
HanglideProductions

Post by HanglideProductions »

for your first animation that was really good the timing was very well done that "i got sick of it" attitude is probably the hardest part of animation to overcome anything can be accomplished with patients then again i tend to do the same thing so i really don't have room to talk well done though
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That was fantastic! It put a big smile on my face. Thanks for sharing that. :D
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

for a first time animation, i would assume that you've been doing this your whole life. You move your characters with perfect rhythm and maintain qualities that make me jealous. If you're not passionate about this project enough to finish it, that's fine, but keep animating. You appear to be extremely good at it.
voozel

Post by voozel »

Thanks a lot guys :D :D ...glad you liked it and sorry i stopped lol i know its the worst thing an animator can do .. Hopefully my next one will be full and better
drichird

Post by drichird »

Crazy good for a first animation, crazy good even for an experienced animator, you have some crazy talent! As someone else said, it is "weird" in a good way, to me because it is so well done and conveys an other world type of strangeness, but using innocent yet weird (and ghostly) looking aliens and music. I thought the choreography was excellent, music and visuals synch perfectly, everything moves to the beat of the music just right. Of the 3 small ones, I especially like the way the middle alien wiggles it's tushee, and the design of the other 2 (ghostly and robotic). Also the art and lighting effects of big alien's kaleidoscope eyes. Also the "beam me down" beam which matches a stage curtains opening.

Something (wrinkles?) appears below the mouth of the big one around 0:22 which I did not understand.

You have great talent, please continue, would love to see more.
voozel

Post by voozel »

drichird wrote:Crazy good for a first animation, crazy good even for an experienced animator, you have some crazy talent! As someone else said, it is "weird" in a good way, to me because it is so well done and conveys an other world type of strangeness, but using innocent yet weird (and ghostly) looking aliens and music. I thought the choreography was excellent, music and visuals synch perfectly, everything moves to the beat of the music just right. Of the 3 small ones, I especially like the way the middle alien wiggles it's tushee, and the design of the other 2 (ghostly and robotic). Also the art and lighting effects of big alien's kaleidoscope eyes. Also the "beam me down" beam which matches a stage curtains opening.

Something (wrinkles?) appears below the mouth of the big one around 0:22 which I did not understand.

You have great talent, please continue, would love to see more.
Lol thank you dude :) .. And the mouth thingy is "F" or a lip bite but it didn't work well lol
And i am a HUGE fan of Aliens and cartoons haha thats why i am getting into animation and my goal is to end up an animator or producer at cartoon network or something