Economy Man 2 (first five minutes)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sargumphigaus

Economy Man 2 (first five minutes)

Post by sargumphigaus »

It's a work in progress. You see, I had a vision....only problem was, it made no sense...but i'm following through with it anyways. Now there isn't an excessive amount of swearing in it (it's in there, but you'll be hard pressed to notice) nor will you find any phallic imagery. What you will get is some violence here and there. people tell me it's creepy. So uh...yeah....

Unlike my prior stuff, atmosphere takes precedence over punchlines and moments of extreme ridiculousness. So don't expect this to be like my other work (Unless you account for descending transmission, or slender douche...but don't watch those, watch this!) There is a storyline, but we're not far in it enough to where I begin to vaguely unfold suggestive exposition. Instead you get me trying to be like old time spaghetti westerns and Nicolas Winding Refn films. (drawn out shots)

okay i'll shut up now.

OKAY...now it's working...had A few issues there.
Danimal

Re: Economy Man 2 (first five minutes)

Post by Danimal »

The opening still reminds me of the Herculoids or another old time Hanna Barbera cartoon, and I certainly mean that in the best possible way. The rest reminds me of every nightmare I'll be having for the next month. I was a little hesitant to play this, as I just got over the last clip (which I got to watch again in here).

Mind you - your animation and the effects are extraordinary. But man alive, this is some creepy, heeby-jeeby-inspiring stuff!
~Danimal
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

I didn't get the herculoids comparison so I went and youtubed it and a wave of nostalgia rushed through me. Oh my childhood, what has become of me....what am i doing with my life...oh wait, i'm doing this...ha HA!....still don't think i'm on par with it, but thanks anyways.

When people tell me that my work scares them, I feel like i'm doing something right. The fact that I can make something that makes anybody feel anything at all is an accomplishment for me, and with that, I thank you for your feedback, and I thank you for the compliment on my animation. It isn't easy to do.
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

That was pretty good. keep up the good work. Loved that couple.
I will have to check out your other animations.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

I appreciate the feedback. The part with the kid on the train was one of my biggest concerns. I used a 10 second shot where he was just sitting there and was wondering if the process of viewing the scene would bore the viewer, I was trying to use the despairing expression along with general ambiance to draw the viewer into the world and his feelings. Granted there was plenty of kinetic process to keep the eyes stimulated with the passing city in the windows, the fading lights, and the bum's jaws flapping in the background. It was quite experimental. Was going for "Less is more"
SvenReyter

Post by SvenReyter »

The animation and subject matters reminds me of the good old days of Mtv's 'Liquid Televisions'. And, I mean that as a compliment. Nice work.
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

You definitely have something. I find this latest film of yours is full of atmosphere and strangeness, and is quite compelling viewing. It'll never please a mainstream audience, but that should not be a surprise to you. Films made with AS often look a bit too clean and controlled - you have managed to rough it up and get something very gritty going.

I look forward to seeing what comes next.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

Barry Baker wrote:It'll never please a mainstream audience, but that should not be a surprise to you. Films made with AS often look a bit too clean and controlled - you have managed to rough it up and get something very gritty going.

I look forward to seeing what comes next.
Mainstream audience also enjoys auto-tuned people with manufactured doll faces that'll be discarded at the first appearing wrinkle that botox fails to conceal, it openly rebels against whatever our permissible morality is at the time for the sake of gaining the spotlight just long enough to generate revenue, whether we want to buy it or not. It is a snakepit devoid of hope, reason and logic. The messages are meaningless, and the effects are tragic. It's oddly inspirational to me. The story hasn't gotten to it yet, but there is going to be an undertone that blatantly mocks the mainstream for being the soulless dead morally bankrupt sideshow that it is truly is. But one thing at a time...one thing at a time.

I agree with you on the general AS look. It definitely ISN'T a bad thing and I'm no saint when it comes to the look of it myself. but I believe that if you can create a cartoon that transcends the program you're using and cause the viewers to question it's source, then you score yourself a win.

It might be a long time before we see what come's next. It's a journey, but i'll be posting progress of tidbits here and there, as the story manifests.