GTA 5 STARS

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

middledistancereal

GTA 5 STARS

Post by middledistancereal »

Hey guys,
Most of you will remember me, if you don't I'm the guy that used to make 'Frank 'N' Steve' and the smith micro featured web series 'Super-reality' any how I've teamed up with my buddy Gavin Johnson who created the awesome 'Newmans' and 'Lab 52' to make a web series about the video game GTA 5.

I hope you all enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCa0ewW7BGM

Looking forward to your comments guys.
:D
Jon.
Danimal

Re: GTA 5 STARS

Post by Danimal »

Jon? Frank 'n' Steve? Never heard of you.

Anyway, good to see you posting again now that you've turned all pro and everything.

The animation in the video was good. There was a good story in there and probably would have been more amusing had I ever played the game. I think I hear a fair stab at an American accent in there by a certain voice actor too!

But alas, the cursing. Is there a sentence without a curse word in it? I don't believe it ever adds anything other than vulgarity. I'm no prude and I certainly swear plenty, but I don't find it entertaining. Swearing can be done to add humor if timed right. In this case it's just a bunch of foul mouthed clods swearing for no reason. Like anything else, if it serves no purpose, it shouldn't be there.

I've gotten on that soapbox before, I'll get off it now.
~Danimal
awalker

Post by awalker »

Big fan of this new web series. Looks great, well written an funny. Looking forward to future episodes.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I agree with danimal about the cursing. If it's done for effect, but repeated so often it loses its impact, then it just becomes so much conversational litter. That becomes tiresome to listen to, and it detracts from your animation.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
awalker

Post by awalker »

Great short. Really like the character designs, voice acting and animation. Looking forward to seeing more of this webseries.
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

I've watched this about 5 times in the past few days, and I hate to be "that guy", especially as I'm brand new here, but I do think the cursing adds something, at least to this piece. I mean, it fits in some places. The black guy establishes himself as an impatient character early on, and the cursing lends itself to his personality. The other guy, dressed in all black, it doesn't fit as well. It might be the delivery of it, I dunno, but it seems almost "forced".

On to the animation; wow. Very smooth, the pacing is very solid, the design is crisp, and the colors are vibrant. Very good job on the animation, it has a nice flow to it. Very nice touch with the "PAUSED" at the beginning, the dialogue following it really tied it all together, moreso if you've played the game.

All in all, very good job.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Lumpy wrote:The black guy establishes himself as an impatient character early on, and the cursing lends itself to his personality.
If a writer believes establishing that a character as impatient means having him curse a lot, then the writer should never put pen to paper again.

And what's going on here?
awalker wrote:Great short. Really like the character designs, voice acting and animation. Looking forward to seeing more of this webseries.
awalker wrote:Big fan of this new web series. Looks great, well written an funny. Looking forward to future episodes.
It's so good it prompts people to post twice! :lol:
~Danimal
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

The animation was good. The only thing that stood out was the gaps in the beard of the guy with the black top looked like fangs when he's talking.
It's not something I would choose to watch and I'd normally turn something like that off after 5 seconds but, yes, good job on the animation :D