Any Vid available?

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

sweetdood

Any Vid available?

Post by sweetdood »

Hi,
Just wondering if there are any kind of videos available to download for Moho? I'm new to it and dont really have a clue but would like to learn. I noticed a link of Moho's main site - Steve Ryans, but the videos are in a Java applet and I cannot capture them (?) and they time out due to inactivity and I cant access them again.
Please help ! I cant really take in the reading examples but the video instructionals rock!

thanks
:oops: :lol:
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

I don't know of any but you should really try the online tutorials. They are really friendly contain all the basics
sweetdood

thanks

Post by sweetdood »

Thanks Dave, i'll check them out and see if I can take them in. Its not easy this stuff. Do you have to know how to draw? You sure look like you can - your website is excellant. I feel SO useless. lol
Was all that done in Moho + flash? How'd you get that board game box looking like a boardgame box? I dont have a clue.Amazing!

regs
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

I've got to agree with him, Dave. You do great work.

I love your character design (the little blue guy in you signature icon being a great example). I'd love to know how you go about doing something like that. It's not complicated, but it's so fun and reads so well.

Do you have a process? If you had any notes, I'd love to hear them.

Kind regards,
Dave
Vitaly

Post by Vitaly »

I can upload the Steve's videos as a separate files if you tell where to put them (they are about 6M total).
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

thanks for the compliments guys.

sweetdood:
Don't worry too much about drawing. There are many professional illustrators who make a living by not doing it very well. They call it syle though :wink: Besides with moho you can put bones inside photos - think Terry Gilliam.
The site itself is Flash and some of the animations are Moho. I'll start a new post with the details.
There is a secret to doing the Boardgame box...... It is real game that I did the illustrations for.

Banterfield:
My work prosess goes something like:
1 - Scribble ideas in a sketch book
2 - Pick a favorite one and redraw it in Painter6 (you could always scan the original in)
3 - Colour it in Xara (Best way st sort colours out by far!)
4 - If animation import into Moho and retrace (best way to get cleanest models) and colour it using a bitmap of the Xara doc. If it is for Illustration or backgrounds export it as a PNG with alpha channel.

Hope this helps
AcouSvnt

Post by AcouSvnt »

This is the wrong topic to post that question under. Please be more careful, thanks!
-Keith
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

:twisted:
Dave