Rough draft animation for advert

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

blackspittle

Rough draft animation for advert

Post by blackspittle »

A rough draft animation I created in one week so it's no where near complete, it' a concept advert for a client who asked me to come up with something 'creative', hope I did lol.

Visit my site for more updates: http://www.blackspittle.com

WATCH HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvA6NpHmi4w
" but what good is a muffin if your not alive to eat it" - agent 'smink'-----(lucky bob's time machine)
slowtiger

Re: Rough draft animation for advert

Post by slowtiger »

Quite nice. Some points to take care of:

 Make sure your character "reads" in front of every background. Office and car don't read well because the BG is too dark.
 The "clever" transition from bath to breakfast irritates because you only use it once. Transitions are like punctuation, they need to be consistent through the piece.
 The BG behind the cars doesn't read - I thought it was ladders on top of the cars.
 First shot (of house) is too close - for comical effect maybe show a single house, maybe one of several identical, fast zoom in, straight from the front. (There's a theory behind that, which claims that straight shots are more comical, especially when symmetrical. Diagonal shots are for drama and tension.)
 Overall the scenes are a bit too long - you don't depict boredom by being boring!
 I like the general style, but something like shrubbery shouldn't be done in vecors. Paint a bit with real brushes, it will greatly add to the impression.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
blackspittle

Post by blackspittle »

Thanks alot for that indepth analysis, it was truely helpful...
" but what good is a muffin if your not alive to eat it" - agent 'smink'-----(lucky bob's time machine)
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

As a rough draft it gets the message across. The final dancing shot really ran far too long but if more is planned to happen it won't appear as static.
~Danimal
blackspittle

Post by blackspittle »

Thanks, will look into that....