Rate My Digital Painting

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

blackspittle

Rate My Digital Painting

Post by blackspittle »

Please tell me what you think (isn't finished yet but i was too lazy to complete hair and lip detail ;D )

For my old stuff: http://www.blackspittle.com/rayvision.html

" but what good is a muffin if your not alive to eat it" - agent 'smink'-----(lucky bob's time machine)
Danimal

Re: Rate My Digital Painting

Post by Danimal »

It looks good, something seems "off" in the smile to me. Too much gums showing maybe? I don't know, it's still impressive.
~Danimal
3deeguy

Re: Rate My Digital Painting

Post by 3deeguy »

I'm going to give my honest point of view. The highlights and shadows on the face are excellent. The hair is excellent. Even the soft shadow where the face meets the hair is excellent. You give form to the forehead, cheeks, jaw, and the chin.
Your use of highlight and shadow puts your work on a pretty high level.This is only my opinion but you have to be consistent.
Because you gave detail to the hair and lashes the eye brows look out of place because they are only a simple hard edge shape. You drew the outside of the nostrils with just a line. You expect the nose to be defined using the same technique as the rest of the face. The teeth are highlighted with like a gradient toward the center. You could get the sense that they are angled out a bit. The earrings 'glow', almost like they are being lit from below. If that's not the case then the shadows should be deeper.
Good job. :D
Cheers, Larry