New Animated Comedy Series - Thoughts/Opinions Wanted

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

HangmanSi

Re: New Animated Comedy Series - Thoughts/Opinions Wanted

Post by HangmanSi »

Both the whiskers and the stubble were painstakingly drawn.

And I'd never heard of Odd Job Jack until just googling it. I can see some resemblance. Is it an American show?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

HangmanSi wrote:...I'd never heard of Odd Job Jack until just googling it. I can see some resemblance. Is it an American show?
Yes. Smiley Guy studios (Canadian company) made it for the American market. If you have bitTorrent or similar, they made all the artwork from series 1 freely available.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Artpen

Post by Artpen »

I liked the characters, keep going with it, the facial animation is good also, well done!
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I enjoyed this new improved version. Yes, it looks great and I would watch this. It made me feel a bit homesick actually, hearing those Midland accents :D
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

As an American I could see this happening to me watching the Dallas Cowboys and it has actually happened lol. I like your idea on this.

The suggestions I am making require many hrs of doing but I think you have something worth improving.

I would make 3/4 views of the characters to go along with what you have already, either with smart bones or a switch layers.

I would show the character walking if you are going to show them up to the knees, if not try not showing the characters below the waist when they are moving/walking.

Stephen :D
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
HangmanSi

Post by HangmanSi »

Thanks for the advice.
SvenReyter

Post by SvenReyter »

I liked it. I'm new to animation. But, I thought the art looked great. You did a nice job with the audio as well. I've watched a bunch of videos posted here and this has been one of the most entertaining. It has the look and feel of a proper series. No clue why people are complaining about the writing and the language. I guess it's not a show for everyone, but, I enjoyed it.