software ad

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slowtiger

software ad

Post by slowtiger »

Second job for this client - he likes it fast, so this had to be done in 2 weeks.

All animation done in AS, some stuff like the facebook pages done in Photoshop and TVPaint. This was the job where the first 20 sec seemed to be lost because the file didn't open and crash AS. Thx to neeters_guy for the help!
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
neeters_guy

Re: software ad

Post by neeters_guy »

Ah, another masterful example. The simplicity of work doesn't even begin to show how complex it is to create it. :shock:

For those who are curious, here is the thread about the file problem: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24287

Also, there is thread discussing the the counter that appears in video: A counter

Thanks for sharing your work.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Holy Guacamole man!!!!!!!!!

That was amazing. My head was spinning with all the effects. Wow, unbelievably impressive. Great job!
Yosemite Sam

Post by Yosemite Sam »

2 weeks, wow! That was very impressive ST.
Jimmy Mills

Some of my Moho Pro work.
My Demo Reel: https://youtu.be/_kSCno4Wd3c?si=gNT7d27R7sM4jjqq
Buddies Ep 4: https://youtu.be/f8Zbzo2mpHA?si=4EyxhBOrgOxkDoSO
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Impressive? I think it just does the job. Feel free to ask about any effects ...

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I absolutely LOVE the simplicity. Even without being able to understand the language I could still understand the visual message. That is really important. So many times advertising has some bizarre visual that is not related to the message because someone thinks it's "cool" to have flying unicorns advertising car insurance (I made that up. it's an exaggeration. ;) ). I didn't need to hear the dialog to get the concept.
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Well,

One question I have is, near the beginning, when he's talking about Video testimonials, the "television" screen goes from facing forward to skewing back on an angle, with all the animation inside the "television" skewing as well. I would love to know how to do that. I'm working in Debut, so perhaps this is a feature I'm missing. But I thought that was really cool.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Little Yamori wrote:Well,

One question I have is, near the beginning, when he's talking about Video testimonials, the "television" screen goes from facing forward to skewing back on an angle, with all the animation inside the "television" skewing as well. I would love to know how to do that. I'm working in Debut, so perhaps this is a feature I'm missing. But I thought that was really cool.
I just fired up Debut to check and it appears that Debut doesn't have the 3D layer rotation that Anime Studio Pro has. Pro has the ability to rotate layers on any axis creating that 3D movement.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

One lesson I learned: clearly separate the elements into those affected by 3D and those which don't. The latter go into one group layer which gets set to "immune to camera movement".

Sometimes I don't get the desired result for a turned element with strong perspective. If it's not moving I just render out one frame, distort it in Photoshop, and re-import it. Saves time.

hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

the thing about rotations about the x (horizontal) or y (vertical) axis is that, with the camera and layer position options left at the AS defaults, the "front" edge of a shape can get very very close to (or even behind) the camera, and the far edge can get (relative to the front) a long way away. This can give extreme distortion. One way round this is to move the camera back (away from the layer you want to rotate) and then zoom in to make the shapes visually the same size - say back to z=25 with zoom 4.5 - and then do the rotations.
Last edited by hayasidist on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Instead of fiddling around to have tilted and untilted elements appear correctly within the same 3D environment, I also render out the 3D parts and import the video clip. Much less trouble. (I did that with the TV tower/disco ball in the trailer https://vimeo.com/51438218 at 00:40)

Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Thanks for the insights. I think it's time for me to pony up and get Pro for the 3D, I was just a little hesitant after having some trouble with glitches in Debut 9 (even with the 9.1 patch download). So I've been using debut 6. But I guess it's time to get with the program and move up to pro for what I need to do with my next projects.

The photoshop tip really had a light bulb going off in my head

Thanks again for everyone sharing techniques.