"The Galactic Gecko" animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Little Yamori

"The Galactic Gecko" animation

Post by Little Yamori »

Hello all,

I'm brand new to the forum, but I just finished my first complete animation called "The Galactic Gecko". It took 8 months as I was learning to use the software while I pieced together the project. I used Anime Studio Debut 6. I hope everyone gets a little kick out of it.

Enjoy,

Pinesal

Re: "The Galactic Gecko" animation

Post by Pinesal »

That was one of the best Anime Studio cartoons I have seen.

And all done with Debut you say? Very impressive.

I wish there was some kind of "making of" feature. Could you give us some information on how this was done?

How did you do the sunrise?
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

I did get a kick out of it. :D

Now that you have your feet wet with the software, I highly suggest you get a pro version. Rendering out in 720 or higher from your video editor is not really going to improve the quality of the low resolution restriction of Debut and just make render times longer than needed.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Thanks for all the positive vibes.

For some of the backgrounds I used photos that I edited in Photoshop and converted to PNG files. Others were Jpegs that I drew using my Wacom tablet with the Corel paint software that it came bundled with. They're all older versions from about 3 years ago.

As for the Sunrise, I used an edited photo PNG foreground with a Vector Layer gradient sky background, Vector Sun, and 2 Black Vector layer screens on top of everything that I blurred and lowered the opacity, so as the Sun rises, one upper layer semi-transparent black screen recedes above the sun and the other recedes down over the foreground.

The project was 98% Anime Studio Debut 6 and 2% Anime Studio Debut 9. I bought 9 half-way through thinking it would be great, but I had some glitch problems with it, especially with sound renders, so I went back to 6. The one visible 9 component was the "explosion" from the 9 library.

I guess I'm satisfied right now with using 6, but I would like faster render speeds, but I guess I'm nervous about running into more glitches with "Pro" like the ones I had in Debut 9.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Wow! Let me repeat that. Wow! You did this with Debut!! You have major talent!
Cheers, Larry
Little Yamori

Post by Little Yamori »

Wow, Thanks 3deeguy. I hope my next projects will be up to par.