Making of Wonder Woman Pt 1

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ziggypaw

Making of Wonder Woman Pt 1

Post by ziggypaw »

A test of Diana zapping into Wonder Woman. In the comics she doesn't do that but... It's all work in progress.
Any critiq would be helpful. I just started getting more into Layer animation and moving points. I don't like using bones. It all looks stiff, but maybe when i upgrade to Pro 9 that'll change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4sdPS86174

Thanks guys.
funksmaname

Re: Making of Wonder Woman Pt 1

Post by funksmaname »

I like it, I think she looks pretty good. My only criticism is her breasts are ridiculous :P Even if you decide to make them that big and that shape, the outline is completely unnecessary - leave something to the imagination!

As an aside, I think your workflow would really benefit from upgrading to AS9 - this type of point animation is perfect for using Smart Bone features... you will LOVE it!!
ziggypaw

Post by ziggypaw »

funksmaname wrote:I like it, I think she looks pretty good. My only criticism is her breasts are ridiculous :P Even if you decide to make them that big and that shape, the outline is completely unnecessary - leave something to the imagination!

As an aside, I think your workflow would really benefit from upgrading to AS9 - this type of point animation is perfect for using Smart Bone features... you will LOVE it!!
HA! The imagination needs a break. I just checked out your Youtube channel. WOW dude! Those full head turns are very fluid and 3Dish. It's like Anime Studio gets more powerful everytime.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

v9 is the biggest single functionality leap since...ever. The fact you can convert your up/down, left/right point animations to control bones, seprate ones for facial animation, eye movement, blinking, all mixable - it will save you days+ off your animation time once you configure your poses... I highly reccomend it! :)
rocky53204

Post by rocky53204 »

Clearly you have great potential.
daney7g

Post by daney7g »

Great demo, it was enjoyable to watch. She did seem to look much like Lara croft in that particular guise, it matters little. Nice work. :D
"If you do nothing, nothing happens!" Jacque Fresco
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Very nice. I see that you use a minimal amount of points, which is essential in order to simplify the animation (this is something I'm striving for myself).

Just to repeat what funks said, eventually you should learn to use bones, as this makes larger motions much easier, as in side view walks for example. You can avoid the stiffness by using point motion in combination with bone motion...much easier to do since the introduction of smart bones.

I love the comic book sensibility, a subject near and dear to my heart. :) Keep it up!
ziggypaw

Post by ziggypaw »

Thanks guys. Trying to hold off. I know AS 10 is around the corner.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

might not be that round the corner :P
ziggypaw

Post by ziggypaw »

funksmaname wrote:might not be that round the corner :P
Do you have something you would like to share with us? :twisted:
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I've no clue but 9 didn't get released that long ago and has seen a couple of updates already, in your position I would still buy 9 at this point unless you're willing to wait an untold amount of time... who knows when 10 is coming!
ziggypaw wrote:I know AS 10 is around the corner.
Maybe something YOU'd like to share with us? :twisted:
ziggypaw

Post by ziggypaw »

funksmaname wrote:I've no clue but 9 didn't get released that long ago and has seen a couple of updates already, in your position I would still buy 9 at this point unless you're willing to wait an untold amount of time... who knows when 10 is coming!
ziggypaw wrote:I know AS 10 is around the corner.
Maybe something YOU'd like to share with us? :twisted:
Hand over your soul and AS 9 and i will share what i know. :twisted: