New Goldfish Music Video - One Million Views (finished)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AmigaMan

Re: New Music Video 2013

Post by AmigaMan »

It's fun seeing this develop. Thanks Mikdog for being so generous :D
nobilis

Post by nobilis »

I am overwhelmed. Great work. Patrick
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks Amiga and Nobilis.

I'm about a third of the way there with character stuff, still backgrounds and tweaking and such to do.

Some more WIP:

Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hi guys.

So, here's where I'm at (YouTube video below).

Please not to share.

I've removed the song and replaced with a constructed song of my own that only very slightly resembles the original song, and resembles the structure. The original song is unreleased so I can't really include it in the video yet.

If you could please have a squizz at the vid and give your feedback, that would be awesome. Only a couple days left for me to do changes etc... there's a host of things I want to change, including a better colour correction, lots of tweaks and additions I want to include.

Thanks a lot.

Mike

chucky

Post by chucky »

Hehe ...Ron Burgundy, nice. :lol:

It's really great Mikdog, love it , the band really have a journey and as an audience member, I really want to see them win out. The story aspect is very good.
One thing that could do with a little clarification is the identity of the little red cat/devil character especially at the very beginning.
That and the introduction of the DJ dog.... if the dog could have more of a defined début in the story so that we are aware that he is not a random extra who then becomes significant, more a significant character from the first time he appears.
I hope that makes sense.... to clarify there are so many interesting bit players (like Octomum..hehe) that when the dawg first shows we don't know that he is anything more than 'colour', so that when his role starts playing out , I felt like I had not paid enough attention and I missed his role in the initial stages of story.

I hope this is the kind of feedback you are after.

Are you going to smartbone the dog's legs? the biding looks little dodgy there, I know it's WIP so those technical gripes are probably less constructive.
Thanks for sharing, I hope you get a decent remuneration for these clips. :mrgreen:
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Chucky! Thanks buddy. Awesome feedback.

Do smartbones work with raster images too? Haven't used them smartbone tech before.

Also, you're right re introductions of little red guy and dog. Especially dog. May put a bit 'Dog is a DJ' sign outside his house or make that section clearer. From the original song, it moves into a different 'phase' at that point, but could still be clearer.

Shot a lot.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hi guys, wonder if you could please help me. Done quite a bit to the video (my temp song really doesn't do it justice). Concerning colour correction - anyone have any tips? I've applied an RGB curves and a Levels to some test images to get rid of some of the 'greyness' of the colours I use. Messed around a lot with this, I think I can get quite subtle but good results here. Here are some before and after screen snaps. I'm actually half colour blind so only started getting into colour correction a couple months ago. I've been basing my work off the same colour palette for years now - another animator once suggested these colours that he uses that work well together.

If anyone's got any tips please for me on how I may go about getting better colour from my images (I'm using Premiere) that'd be great. Watched a couple tutorials - some quite scientific with choosing a light sample, a mid-grey sample and a shadow sample and getting their RGB colours similar or something. I'll take any suggestions at this point. Some other guys did colour correction for 'We Come Together' ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-tNUur2YoU ) and really brought out the colours big-time. Anime Studio also leeches out some of the saturation of raster images unfortunately.

Bummer. Ends of my images getting cut off.

Thank you.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Here's where I am at the moment.

Work in Progress:

No sound, would like to include song but still unreleased.

Still to change one or two things.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Woohoo! Video is finished.

Prior to release, here's a short teaser:

AmigaMan

Re: New Goldfish Music Video - One Million Views (finished)

Post by AmigaMan »

It's looking great. That crowd shot is spectacular! :D
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks Amiga :) Happy with the final result. Looking forward to showcasing it once it gets an official release.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hi guys. One last teaser before imminent release:

Kiff.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Finished video:

I did a fairly in-depth look at the 'making of' here:

http://www.mikescottanimation.com/goldf ... lion-views