Second attempt at animated comedy

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

HangmanSi

Second attempt at animated comedy

Post by HangmanSi »

Hi

A couple of weeks ago I posted a video on this board, which was my first ever video I have produced using AS. A couple of people gave me some feedback, which I really appreciate, and now I am back with a second attempt. Production on the video was already underway before I started receiving some of the feedback, and I have tried to use as much of it as I could in order to make this video better overall.

So once again, it would mean a lot to me if anybody could view my work and offer any feedback or thoughts that they have regarding the animation or comedy content, so that I can continue to make improvements to the videos that I produce in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6_li_vmVNY

Same as before, the humour is NSFW due to some of the language used in the dialogue.
lwaxana

Re: Second attempt at animated comedy

Post by lwaxana »

Nice one! I watched this a couple of days ago and the faces kept coming to mind, so I think you're onto something with the character designs. I'm digging all the wrinkle lines. XD
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Yes I liked this one much better too. A bit more variety in shots and angles would improve it a lot. The end credits worked really well.
Noiz2

Post by Noiz2 »

Is the full front all the time an stylistic choice? If not I would consider changing it up a bit because it looks strange to have characters "slide" sideways when the "walk" across the scene and bend their elbows backward to pick up a drink.

If that is the look you are going for forget the above.
HangmanSi

Post by HangmanSi »

Yeah, it is on purpose, but pretty much to only keep the animations simple. I have tried in the past to do them as 3/4 angle, but i can't get them to look good. (Secret) That's also why when they move, you never see them from the waste down, so they don't look like they're doing some kind of crab walk.

It was an art choice from from early on to hide the fact that i'm still new to animation. In all honesty, you're the first person who has ever asked me that question.