Showreel

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

macnavi

Showreel

Post by macnavi »

Hi all,
I just made my first showreel, as apparently, any serious animator should have one. Hope you like it. It contains frame-by-frame animation, stop motion and of course, work with Anime Studio Pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HuquObrk1g
AmigaMan

Re: Showreel

Post by AmigaMan »

A good variety of work. I particularly like the stop-motion and your timing is very good.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Nice! I love the variety of techniques and styles, especially the cut-outs mixed with photographic layers. Speaking of which, if I may make one critical observation, the fence layer in the front yard scene starting @ :13 seems to be placed too high and the layer behind it is exposed at the bottom. I hope you don't mind my pointing this out, but this is the kind of thing that I've done myself a number of times and it's easy to miss. I do love the effect you've created and I will probably have to try something like that also at some point. :D
macnavi

Post by macnavi »

Thanks, I appreciate any kind of comment, good or constructive. The interesting thing I that I got more positive feedback on the photo/drawings clip, which is just a fast way of making a clear animatic. It was never intended as a style or serious animation. But apparently it could be. It explains why I doesn't look finished, with an "exposed layer". It's never meant to. E polished. I think it's easy to impress with a good camera movemen, that might be the attraction.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Yes, I see your point re: an animatic. There are several reasons why this segment caught my eye. First of all, I enjoy looking at different animation styles. Also, I enjoy creating animated "dimensional" stills in After Effects. Last of all, a friend of mine who creates 3D interiors from time to time in Cinema 4D asked me if I'd be interested in creating some 2D sketches of people to populate the rooms, so I had already been thinking along the lines of mixing 2D figures in 3D environments.
macnavi

Post by macnavi »

Easy does it. It's better not to take it too seriously, otherwise you are going to superfine tune it anyway and it becomes serious animation. :wink: