"Making Of" Realistic Vector Art Girl Portrait

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tcmbeats

"Making Of" Realistic Vector Art Girl Portrait

Post by tcmbeats »

Long story short in bullet points lol:

1.) I recognize that my only big flaw in animation is the time commitment I put into my design process. I don't have high tolerance for long hours in art like I do in music, video editing, etc...

2.) Solution: Put a lot of time into it by doodling/thumbnailing/vectorizing daily.

3.) Go the realistic art route so I can get used to putting time into details. Therefore, it won't be a big problem when I'm making animations.

4.) Below is the first in hopefully my successful plan to build tolerance for working long periods of time with art daily.

5.) Hope y'all learn something from it :-).

neeters_guy

Re: "Making Of" Realistic Vector Art Girl Portrait

Post by neeters_guy »

Pretty cool, using vectors to do this.

Reminds me when someone did a portrait of Hedy Lamarr in CorelDraw years ago (for which, incidentally, Corel Corp. was sued by the Ms. Lamarr).
tcmbeats

Post by tcmbeats »

Thanks, I basically studied traditional art and applied the principals using vector tools.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

I did something like this sometime ago with anime studio 6, its a lot of work and your computer use to get really slow because of the amount of points but i just did it for curiosity, i think spending hours making this kind of works in AS doesnt really worth it.
tcmbeats

Post by tcmbeats »

I agree that it takes a lot of work and time commitment to make realistic vector art, but that's exactly what I wanted. Honestly, my computer wasn't getting bogged down. It would take probably a extra half second to get to something once all those points were created and the rendering was still fast. Anyway, the end game is just to build better habits with my time commitment to art and animation.