My latest video

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

danny508

My latest video

Post by danny508 »

here is my latest video if anyones interested.

http://youtu.be/yH8PBW3l2a8

and here is a clip from my double feature DVD

http://youtu.be/9YJJd-qwJQw
neeters_guy

Re: My latest video

Post by neeters_guy »

This is dark and disturbing stuff all right, but at the same time it's the work of a true auteur. It's brilliant in its own right but check out Danny's DVD for the full effect: "Chapel St" 3hr double feature made by 1 guy
(Warning: Not suitable for kids.)

Keep on creating, Danny. You deserve a much wider audience.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Still can't say that I understand the story or connect to the style, but I had to watch it to the end. Quite impressive! Some stuff in there, some movements and timings, the overall editing, are really good. The monster in the end is very good.

How did you made it? I still feel that the elements are a bit too divergent for my taste, not really connecting to create a coherent single image. Did you do everyting in AS? Then, how did you create those wunderful fluffy and blurry backgrounds?
danny508

Post by danny508 »

Neeters guy: Thank you, i appreciate what you said. Have you gotten a chance to watch the DVD yet?

Slowtiger: Yes, it will be hard for anyone to understand it, unless you have been following my movies from the beginning, as they are all continuations. The monster at the end is "lo Malo" or..."the good mourning". i wont explain the whole character story as it would be like reading a book lol
I made it using photoshop, anime studio 5.5 and premiere pro. for the music i use cubase and music generator. all of the animation obviously i do in anime studio. the fluffy blurry backgrounds is a combination of blurred images (once i finish the pics in photoshop i blur them there , not as) and 12.7 noise reduction in premiere pro.

Thank you guys for seeing the artistic aspects of it, not many people ever do.
Last edited by danny508 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sargumphigaus

Post by sargumphigaus »

I'm not sure what's going on, but I totally dig the style. Well done boss.
danny508

Post by danny508 »

thanks sargumphigaus.
btw, i like the face on the lamp in doom conditioner!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

danny508 wrote:Neeters guy: Thank you, i appreciate what you said. Have you gotten a chance to watch the DVD yet?
Yes, it's great. The overall experience is much more like a novel, very epic and deep. I highly recommend it.

Anyway, I should mention that Music Generator is a PS2 game! WTF? Amazing! :)
danny508

Post by danny508 »

im glad you liked it! you musta watched the extra feature disc lol, yes, music generator 2 for ps2. i make all my movies with toys and old computers lol. ive re done a lot of my themes on cubase since i finally got it, but i havent really learned it that well yet. music generator i can use pretty efficiently. :D
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

How old are you? you have some dark ideas that really remind me of david lynch.
I particularly liked the way the dark cloud monster looked and animated... keep up the good work!

To be a little critical, I don't think this pace could keep me interested for 3 hours... I think you should aim for making a shorter ongoing series, where people really have no idea what to expect. in some parts the music really heightens the action, like when the two ladies slap the guy in time with the music - but I find the constant presence of lush soundtrack to be a bit of a distraction or overly used/too constant?

Anyway, who am I to criticise - I think you will produce something unique and special in the future if you keep at it!
danny508

Post by danny508 »

thanks funksmaname! im glad you liked the "monster" at the end, hes my favorite also :)

im 38. i do have a shorter ongoing series. the 3 hr double feature i just made was actually 2 episodes. my 1st 2 movies were 30 min each and the 3rd was 60. i have those trailers on my channel. ive only been at it for 4 yrs and im self taught, so the 1st 3 full length shows arent that great compared to the 4th movie. the 3 hour one which is the 4th, had part 1 which was 90 min and part 2 which was i think 110. all four are continuations of each other.
the short you watched is part of the ongoing series also. the kid in the chair has "visions" of those weird creatures, and that vid is one of them. see before i start my next episode i have to have him have a few more visions to explain some things. ( i know that not knowin the series, it didnt explain anything lol), and i didnt want to hog up space in the next full length doing visions and such. the reason the music is full volume thru out the scene, is because thats the type of scene it is. its not all full volume and overwhelming.
bliss_infinite

Post by bliss_infinite »

Wow! Incredibly creative and dramatic. Some of the background art is really impressive and that shadow monster is, well, monstrous. Dreamlike at time and very artistic. Nicely done!
danny508

Post by danny508 »

thank you! the backgrounds and the "monster" were two of the things i did a bit differently from my normal way, im glad you liked them! :D
chucky

Post by chucky »

I love the cinematic quality and photographic treatment danny, you weirdo (I mean that as a complement 8) )
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

:D
danny508

Post by danny508 »

Thanks chucky im glad you noticed! and yay! at least i got 1 "weirdo" out of it :lol:

funksmaname, :wink: