*School Daydream (this is for bupaje!)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cribble

*School Daydream (this is for bupaje!)

Post by cribble »

Well its almost that time when people go back to school, college.. or even university and i thought i would make an animation for that audience.. and bupaje.

You can watch it on cribble.tk

or at newgrounds.com (which it recently got front page).

Thanks
Scott C
--Scott
cribble.net
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Ha ha! Nice idea...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

huhaha. thank god i neednt go to school anymore :lol:
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Niiiiice!
"and then Man created god!"
Karpi

Post by Karpi »

Just niiice! Veeery visual! Yippee!
The gag was a bit old but the overall made of the several shots and sounds and (again) the visual quality is strong - man!

Share and Enjoy
Karpi
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Hey Cribble,

I really liked your idea, the music you picked, and especially your choice of shots. The you used the widescreen size very well in each one, and I liked the variety of angles you used. I especially liked the panning over up surfboard and over to the guy. It was visually interesting from a cinematography point of view, to add to the overall feeling of the clip.

jorgy

p.s. The stars at the end were cute. Oh yeah, the credits on the iPod thing were creative! I liked it all!
kdiddy13

Post by kdiddy13 »

Ha! Great stuff.

Wow, I have to say since we've all started posting on this board, you've really improved quite a bit! I'm really impressed and looking forward to seeing just where you'll go.

Nice job.
________
Ultimate Fighter
Last edited by kdiddy13 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
pintman

Post by pintman »

I like its minimalistic style at the first sequence with the blue walls of the school. Even the rotation around the head at the beach was really impressive.
bakera.de - home sweet home
bulb-publications.de - films sweet films
bupaje

Post by bupaje »

Hey, this is really well done! I enjoyed it a lot. The music and scenes all fit really well.

Cool -and thanks for the message. I'll beware of lockers. ;)
[url=http://burtabreu.animationblogspot.com:2gityfdw]My AnimationBlogSpot[/url:2gityfdw]
cribble

Post by cribble »

Sorry for being absent here, just got back from Reading Festival (Iron Maaiiiiiideen)!

Thanks to everyone for the comments... i think this animation has definitly given me some good experience in the "keyframe, inbetween, keyframe" method i've read about.

i didn't realise this but i've just hit my 100k views over on newgrounds.com so i'll be celebrating with a good nights sleep.

once more, thanks to everyone for commenting.
--Scott
cribble.net
fulg0r3

Post by fulg0r3 »

some more comments here: the video is really cool! like jorgy said, it's got a professional touch - regarding cuts, camera movement, the colours you picked n'stuff. i also liked the music very much, and the sound effects you used when the headphone drops of and the camera gets near to it again.

but it lacks a bit in terms of "decoration", like more complex backgrounds, detail in the character etc.
i'm working on a longer animation, too, so i know the hours of work it requires, but i found that some attractive backgrounds can allow you to reduce animation to the minimum and still give the viewer the feeling of "having something to see" - same with detailed characters. and you don't even need to animate that "structural" stuff!

well, whatever. nice work, and i'm looking forward to what you come up with next time!
never underestimate the power of hand-painted backgrounds!
NeepNop

Post by NeepNop »

well done!