Animated Violin

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AmigaMan

Animated Violin

Post by AmigaMan »

A short (very short) test shot for a music video. About time I posted something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfy7atbQfUg
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Yes, it's about time! :) I'll ask the obvious question, This is all done in AS? Very impressive with the layer and 3D effects. Will you describe how you did this, either here or on your blog?
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

It is I know! :D We're incredibly busy at work and in spare time I've been getting the animatic completed for this video. Luckily I've got a fair amount of time to do this.

It was all done in Anime Studio except for the electrical charge on the violin strings and the other lighting effect. Both were created in HitFilm.

The layer effects were very easy to do. I used the Pan and Tilt on the camera to give a bit more movement rather than just rotating the violin. The lowest layer of the violin has a filled shape in the form of the outline of the whole violin. I offset this layer which gives the illusion of depth (that you are seeing the sides of the violin). I simply moved it from one side to the other during the animation. A tiny bit of point motion on this layer where it meets the top face of the violin completed the illusion.

I hope this makes sense??
Last edited by AmigaMan on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kellz5460

Post by kellz5460 »

awesome

impressive
OMG make it stop!
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Very cool.... My guess is that it's playing the beginning of "Showdown" by ELO