Run test

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kellz5460

Run test

Post by kellz5460 »

I run with purpose

OMG make it stop!
hothead

Post by hothead »

her hands is going back too fast
AnimeNub

Post by AnimeNub »

This run cycle shows the greatest mechanical understanding of animation of all the pieces you've done so far.

My complaints do not stem from the actual animation but more with the characterization.

The girl, wearing a skirt and all, seems to run very oafishly. I'd expect her to run with her legs a bit closer together. Also, considering how much movement there is in the arms, the legs could also move back a bit more with a bit more foreshortening.
kellz5460

Post by kellz5460 »

AnimeNub wrote:This run cycle shows the greatest mechanical understanding of animation of all the pieces you've done so far.

My complaints do not stem from the actual animation but more with the characterization.

The girl, wearing a skirt and all, seems to run very oafishly. I'd expect her to run with her legs a bit closer together. Also, considering how much movement there is in the arms, the legs could also move back a bit more with a bit more foreshortening.
i actually wanted this run to be rediculous and exaggerated

i don't have a specific reference but if you've ever seen the anime FLCL that was the kind of idea i wanted

something rediculous thats not perfect that is not realistic but still cartoony

also this female character is based off of myself so...hence the oaf :lol:

in the end its just wasted talent :roll:
OMG make it stop!
AnimeNub

Post by AnimeNub »

Heh, I remember watching FLCL, but only bits and pieces when it was shown on Adult Swim. I personally thought there was something about the style and how exaggerated everything was animated that made the actual story less understandable. The fights scenes are down right amazing and everything is so greatly exaggerated. There is a great deal of mechanical control over their animation.

That being said, and let me preface by saying that anime like FLCL are great pieces to anaylze and emulate, I don't get Gainax. That studio and their writers boggle my mind to the point where I don't even know where to begin to break down their stories and their use of exaggeration. I don't get Gurren Lagann. I don't get Panty and Stocking. They're much too Japanese for me.

Still a great animation studio, but I personally much prefer Studio 4 degrees.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

kellz5460 wrote:also this female character is based off of myself so...hence the oaf :lol:
You're a female? :shock:
kellz5460

Post by kellz5460 »

AnimeNub wrote:Heh, I remember watching FLCL, but only bits and pieces when it was shown on Adult Swim. I personally thought there was something about the style and how exaggerated everything was animated that made the actual story less understandable. The fights scenes are down right amazing and everything is so greatly exaggerated. There is a great deal of mechanical control over their animation.

That being said, and let me preface by saying that anime like FLCL are great pieces to anaylze and emulate, I don't get Gainax. That studio and their writers boggle my mind to the point where I don't even know where to begin to break down their stories and their use of exaggeration. I don't get Gurren Lagann. I don't get Panty and Stocking. They're much too Japanese for me.

Still a great animation studio, but I personally much prefer Studio 4 degrees.
well i'm making a clip vid of all the crap i didnt post yet and it's pretty much a mixture of gainax and 4c... some are just experiments of pretty much copying certain styles because i just was curious how to do it if I had to do a scene
OMG make it stop!