Day Care Joke

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PARKER

Day Care Joke

Post by PARKER »

Day Care Joke:
WARNING:Very offensive!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT0HfEMySXE
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Definitely worth a laugh. Thanks for posting this, it started my day off right. Or wrong, depending on your perspective... :lol:
~Danimal
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

I haven't even watched and I'm going to say great work! :)

Mainly because I think you've found your niche. Will watch as soon as I get a connection.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I'm not a prude, but I find this offensive.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Not funny.
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

SvenFoster wrote:I haven't even watched and I'm going to say great work! :)

Mainly because I think you've found your niche. Will watch as soon as I get a connection.
ok, maybe I should have watched it first :shock: Not my cup of Tea. I wont join a lynch mob but if you want wider appeal maybe skip this subject going forward.

on the +side the sets and characters looked good.
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

On second thinking, it's not the tasteless joke that bothers me, but that a guy with talent wastes it on stupid jokes. Why not do a sensitive film about this subject? It's important enough, and we surely can need some more intelligent awareness-raising films about it.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Please never, ever cave in to people who are offended by a joke. Especially a fictional joke told in a cartoon. In fact, do more of it! :D
~Danimal
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Danimal wrote:Please never, ever cave in to people who are offended by a joke. Especially a fictional joke told in a cartoon. In fact, do more of it! :D
I just recorded the fact that I am offended, for feedback. I never told him what to do, unlike some people...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Imago

Post by Imago »

Oh, boy! :shock:
I think it can be SOOOO offensive for those people who had lived FOR REAL something like the "joke"...

It's very bad! :?
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

For me, there are two different problems here.

First, the joke is offensive and, more important than that, it's not funny.
I have no problem with offensive intelligent jokes, there are a huge niche on that and if you use wisely, you can transform that offense on the opposite. Parker, we both live in latin america, so maybe you know the argentine comedian Diego Capusotto. He always use offensive jokes to create the contrast to what he really wants to say. For example, he has a nazi character which sings pop music. His lyrics are terrible and if you listen them without a context it's awfully racist. But it's so offensive you get the joke and he is actually laughing of the people which thinks similar to the character. He makes a caricature of the racist people and stretches it to the extreme. So, through racism, he does a manifesto against racism.
I'm not telling you must have a political background on all your jokes, but if you make an offensive joke, make it worthwhile.

The second problem has to do with the animation. This last months all your animations have been technically very plain. You have premade gestures for face and arms, a premade walkcycle with no personality you use to all the characters and a base style stolen from Family guy.
I remember your first post in forum, that time you experimented a lot and any of your animations had something special on it. Even Scar warrior (or similar, I don't remember the exact name), with a very week script, had that special tiny things which makes a good animation. Every scene was different to the other, it had some rhythm and acting.
But now all that is gone. It's like you are using your personal GoAnimate and you forgot all what makes animation an art.

Sorry for being so rude, I have been thinking about this from long and thought this short was the opportunity to tell it.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Parker didn't write this and he is likely fulfilling a contractual obligation to produce these things. This isn't an argument against the legitimate reaction to his piece, but it does sharpen a particular issue for creatives about where to draw the line between money and morality.
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I have no idea how this could be turn around. Frankly, there been much awareness of daycare center of staff caught abusing the children. Then there is also the issue of being born as a hermaphrodite.

Double whammy on children as for offensiveness. I think jokes on children is further up the "don't list" than religion and politics. In fact I am wondering if there will be a backlash shown on cables news and a riot breaks out over this joke, much like the riot that was offended with the drawing of a cartoon Mohammad.

I think you better stock up on food and toilet paper! :lol:
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Yeah. Offensive and, as the act at the core of the film would rate at COPINE 9 (SAP4), likely to be 18 (or maybe even R18) rated in UK. BBFC guidelines on REFERENCES to paedophilia are pretty strict -- obviously it's unlawful to show such - it's also illegal to own or create sexual images of fictional (cartoon!) characters who are described as or appear to be under eighteen years old. For sure we see no images, nor do we know that the "daughter" is under 18 but ...

BBFC guidelines state " ... problematic themes (for example, sexual violence, paedophilia, ...) are unlikely to be appropriate at the most junior levels of classification [but could] be presented in a manner which allowed classification at ‘18’. "

Sorry to sound like a total old prudish fogey. But a public forum such as this is really no place for that sort of "mens room" humour.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

neeters_guy wrote:Parker didn't write this and he is likely fulfilling a contractual obligation to produce these things. This isn't an argument against the legitimate reaction to his piece, but it does sharpen a particular issue for creatives about where to draw the line between money and morality.
Given that, does the contract force him to post that trash on this forum? NO!
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu