Animation run cycle

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kellz5460

Animation run cycle

Post by kellz5460 »

http://youtu.be/AOT1O12Q2ek

kinda tough to picture without the scrolling bkgrnd but meh

OMG make it stop!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

As usual, your character design is great. For the run cycle, there should be some up and down motion on her head and torso to suggest weight. (Consult Animator's Survival Kit for a thorough discussion.)
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

actually, the hair is a good guide to the up/down that's missing - the head should go down when it flaps open and up when it closes...

I think there's something not quite right with the perspective of the legs though - they are quite straight which makes it look like she has no torso and the knees don't look like they're bending... i think they also look like they are moving outwards away from the pelvis and away from eachother at the far pose which doesn't feel natural to me.

:)
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I have seen similar type of animation on anime, like Naruto.

But I agree that some up and downs would add to it, also agree about the leg, but I like the character.
uddhava

Post by uddhava »

Nice character, thanks for posting. Will you improve and repost? Love to see her with a background!

udd
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Having looked at this again - I think it might also make sense to counter-tilt the shoulders with the legs... don't be disheartened :) it's just hard to notice all these things until later in the process