Birthday Balloons 1st Animation ( I used Anime Studio Pro 7)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nobilis

Birthday Balloons 1st Animation ( I used Anime Studio Pro 7)

Post by nobilis »

Hello,

I am very new to computer animation (really any form of animation) and I joined the forum initially in order to post a question as I went thru tutorials, but I just figured it out ( I was using Delete edge instead of Hide edge for a task and things weren't going as I expected).

At anyrate, I thought I would post a link to my first animation that I did awhile back as a way to introduce myself to the group. I look forward to learning from the forum and hopefully I can contribute as I get beyond newbie stage.

Balloons Birthday Animation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC3r6tg5SsA

Regards,

-Patrick
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey Patrick, welcome to the forum. That's a nice little first animation. Two things I see that I think would have added to the final look. More eye movement e.g. blinks, glances and more pronounced bobbing on the balloons would have bought more life to the characters. But you've gotten over 8,000 views which is 7,950 more than I've ever got so what do I know :roll: Again, welcome to the forum.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Heheh, that was fun! :)
nobilis

thanks for the critique

Post by nobilis »

jonbo wrote:... Two things I see that I think would have added to the final look. More eye movement e.g. blinks, glances and more pronounced bobbing on the balloons would have bought more life to the characters. But you've gotten over 8,000 views which is 7,950 more than I've ever got so what do I know :roll: Again, welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the critique jonbo. I sincerely appreciate any feedback that can help me advance beyond newbie skill levels.

As to the 8000 hits. I think the subject matter (Happy Birthday..everyone has one :D ) and the fact that I emailed the link to everyone I know helped.

My next animation will be non-holiday/birthday related so I need to raise the bar on my animation skills. So again, thanks for the critique.

Happy Thanksgiving,
-Patrick