Game Animation

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jwlane

Game Animation

Post by jwlane »

I used ASP for the shark (don't blink), and some more props that aren't in this demo reel. There may have been some wave elements built in ASP also. I can't really remember. Once I get going it's all tunnel vision.

http://vimeo.com/31754912
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

AS or not, awesome animation!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Any game with zombies, ninjas, aliens, robots, and sumo wrestlers has got to be winner. :lol:
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

That looks excellent. I'd love to know exactly how you went about creating the waves.
jwlane

Waves

Post by jwlane »

AmigaMan wrote:That looks excellent. I'd love to know exactly how you went about creating the waves.
I tried several different things, including Anime Studio Pro in various ways. In the end (if I remember correctly), I drew the wave as basic line and fill frames on paper and in ToonBoom's Pencil Check Pro. I rendered these frames out as different matte passes - foam separate from wave face, etc. Then, I used particle and texture type layers in conjunction with the mattes in After Effects. I made sure there were frames in the sequence that worked as a lengthy cycle (not having a repetitive look).

You can have all kinds of fun using different layers as mattes (key channels) in AE.