New sword fight- Gif

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kellz5460

Post by kellz5460 »

AnimeNub wrote:Two things, that are more preferential things that I'm used to in my own animation.

-The entire point of using extra images to blur frames together is to allow the eyes to paste together very fast movements, a bit like actual motion blur. However, I find that to be far too cheap of a solution. A better solution is to manually bridge the gaps in fast movement by drawing in bridge frames. In 3D, where I first learned to do this, this was accomplished by using squash and stretch and 3D mathematical motion blur. With Anime Studio, you can simply do some nifty point animation to bridge the frames if needed. I find smears much more appealing than using multiples in the cases of really, really fast singular motions such as a sword slash.

-I feel as if either the angle of the shot or the pose is too weak on the first slash. There isn't that great of a change in position of the sword from the first post to the finishing pose. I almost feel as if the sword should be pointing towards the camera, giving some feeling of perspective.

Purely just animation wise, I feel as if you need to let go a bit and let Anime Studio do some of the tweening. Here's a small bit of animation I put together using just your keys on the sword.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNiEmgfh5y0
nice- I've noticed this technique- I didn't do it because to me the outcome was too looney toons-ish

I purposely didn't want to do the stretch and smear because I was trying to make an after image motion effect- I looked at the style used in samurai champloo for inspiration

thanks for the info though and that swing vid is food for thought
OMG make it stop!
kellz5460

Post by kellz5460 »

This is what happens when you don't storyboard

the fight was completely organic i guess except for the jump in the beginning which I used a reference for

Interestingly enough- I had no idea that she would do the spin to avoid being chopped

It's 23/24 frames staggered

If everybody see's this- I'll be posting animations like this from now on so you don't need YT
OMG make it stop!
ironfist

Post by ironfist »

sounds like me, i'll change now! I will do the storyboard :lol:
"That which doesn't kill me, will make me
stronger!"
ninja sword
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

kellz5460 wrote:If everybody see's this- I'll be posting animations like this from now on so you don't need YT
Can't see it (Windows Vista,Firefox eight).
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

jahnocli wrote:
kellz5460 wrote:If everybody see's this- I'll be posting animations like this from now on so you don't need YT
Can't see it (Windows Vista,Firefox eight).
Ditto, ziltch on XP pro, Firefox 3.6 (spot the Luddite :) )
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

Nor here. Mac osx. Safari or Firefox. or 'on me little phone screen'
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?