Climate Change PSA (ASP8, Photoshop, Wacom Cintiq)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mikdog

Climate Change PSA (ASP8, Photoshop, Wacom Cintiq)

Post by Mikdog »

Hi,

I recently completed the animation for a Public Service Announcement for TV that was a collaboration between a whole bunch of people, incorporating live action and animation and merging seemlessly between the two (someone else did the transitions, works really well I think). My brother made the music for the video, nice group project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxJr4IgOKHw

Its an unlisted link at the moment, waiting for the person(s) in charge to clear it for larger public release, but I understand (from someone that's seen it) that its been playing on South African public television.

I drew the stuff in Photoshop CS4 on a Macbook with a Wacom Cintiq 12wx, did a storyboard first, and used ASP8's new PSD live update capability which was pretty rad.

sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Nice job.

How did you do the video in the book when the river floods and the camera zooms out and the video turns into an image?
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

sbtamu wrote:Nice job.

How did you do the video in the book when the river floods and the camera zooms out and the video turns into an image?
Personally I would go backward with this, start with the book image and animate backward from it.

Everything them comped in AFX or similar!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Great video btw Scott! :)
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

Top Shelf, Brother!
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Brilliant as always ;)
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Brilliant MikDawg - the message really hit home with this bit. I think it should be broadcast world wide!
paulcopeland

Post by paulcopeland »

Really great animation with the timing images and transitions.

Well done indeed.

Paul.
Get my free piano sheet music here http://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/pianoedition
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

@ sbatmu

Thanks man. As previously stated someone else (Riaan from Pepperoni Pictures) did the transitions. Not sure quite how he did them, he was using a Macbook Pro I think and possibly After Effects I suppose. I really liked what he did with them. Basically the pages were blank I think and he took my animation and comp'd it to the real life footage. The pages probably had markers on them and from what I understand After Effects has pretty good tracking capabilities. I assume you're asking for your 'mice running through the barn' shot.

@ others - thank you. The clip is now public woot.