ElveS Opening scene 1st draft

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

drumlug13

ElveS Opening scene 1st draft

Post by drumlug13 »

Not super thrilled with some of the sound fx and a few things (like the blankets) but ... need to start working on the next scene.

Any feedback welcome. My X was awarded all of my pride in the divorce settlement so you can't hurt my feelings.... Need suggestions, especially for the sound, blankets and snow falling from above the window.

http://www.youtube.com/user/drumlug13?f ... VAj0JmI9LA
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

I thought the shadows moving as the sun came up was a really nice touch

no idea what other people use for FX but I nearly always end up here and chop em up a bit...

http://www.freesound.org/
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

Small world.... That's where I usually end up.

Find sounds was also suggested. Looks like a pretty cool search engine

http://www.findsounds.com/types.html

sbtamu likes to add the personal touch to his sound too :wink:
SvenFoster

Post by SvenFoster »

Yeah sounds are good but I find the search engine soooo painful. also on the freesounds one... if you cant find it..someone on the forum will find or *make* it for you ;)
ps: great guitar-ing
drumlug13 wrote:Small world.... That's where I usually end up.

Find sounds was also suggested. Looks like a pretty cool search engine

http://www.findsounds.com/types.html

sbtamu likes to add the personal touch to his sound too :wink:
--Sven
What *if* the Hokey cokey *is* what its all about?
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Haha, that's very entertaining. I like the designs and animation. The only thing I missed was a big splat when the snowball hit the penguin. Maybe some snow left on him? That may just be me though :D

Yeah, great music too.
cucumihai

Post by cucumihai »

Realy nice animation.
I liked the sound effects and the background music and i think is good right how it is.
I usually record my sound fx but when i can't i get sounds from www.audiomicro.com.
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

Nice. Satellite dish on the igloo. I was rocking to the music. The snowball splat and the penguin falling on his head synced to the guitar. The elf is so annoyed that his eye twitched. Subtle. Did you play the guitar yourself?
Cheers, Larry
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

@AmigaMan- The snowball's definitely going to be tweaked. It may need some feathers flying too. Plus there's been a request for a head shot.

@3D- yep I played everything on there guitar, drums and toy percussion. That's an old blues riff that's been ripped off a million times. George Harrison stole it so I stole from Geroge and switched a few things around. It always kinda reminded me of music from the DePatie Freleng Pink Panther/Ant and Aardvark cartoons

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylUm8Flc ... re=related

@cucu I'm all over it thanks. I really really underestimated how many sounds I would need to do a pantomime.
ToonLifeOnline

Post by ToonLifeOnline »

I liked it a lot. I thought you did a great job on everything. Great job on the guitar too. Thanks for sharing!
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

drumlug13, what is the December symphony?
Cheers, Larry
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

December Symphony is a Christmas Rock concert that me and some friends around St. Louis started a couple of years ago. We play some Trans-Siberian Orchestra and a bunch of cool C'Mas tunes done by Springsteen, U2, Tom Petty, The Eagles. I've written some original stuff for us this year.

I also put together a bunch of old toy commercials and movie clips. The KISS Dolls commercial was a HUGE hit last year. It's more of a C'Mas Tribute show than just a rock concert. Kids and Grandparents all loved it but it's definitely more aimed at the 30'somethings. Something for us to do that's not the hokey Perry Como type shows

It's starting to get a little traction now. We did it at the last minute in '09 with no advertising and we only brought in about 70 people but for last year word had gotten around and we had over 700. We had to add a Matinee show to get everyone in. We're probably looking at a sell out this year.