really bad front view walk test

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jonbo

really bad front view walk test

Post by jonbo »

been playing with the character wizard, and the default front view walk cycle is just awful. so i made one and it's bad but i think better than the CW. the one on the right is the wiz, and mine is on the left. what do you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_nJwrjKfRk
edit : video link changed
Last edited by jonbo on Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

LOL want me to be honest?
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

of course. at least mine looks like he might be moving instead of stomping in place like the wizard's. :)
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

jonbo wrote:of course. at least mine looks like he might be moving instead of stomping in place like the wizard's. :)
LOL true.

I have not bought AS8 yet, waiting to see if you guys find any problems.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
Fulkster

Post by Fulkster »

I think yours looks better! (The feet/shoes point too far to the sides, but that's not your creation.)

(edit... on second look, it looks like you already did a little rotating...)
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

thx fulkster, i need to play with the constraints more.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Definite improvement, but egads those arms are long! Is that guy part orangatan or something?
~Danimal
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Anyway, if you go to
"\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro 8\Character Wizard\Actions" and open any of those actions you can modify it and save it with another name. So you can create your own walks.
I have created a happy walk you can download here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54411/AS8/Happy%20walk.anme (just copy it on the Actions folder and restart AS).
This is what I like most of the character wizard, now we can share actions and body parts with no problems. I know the presets in the character wizard are not too beautiful, but with your own parts you can create pretty cool presets.
Maybe we could create an actions database where anybody could upload and share their actions body parts and presets. Just imagine how cool could be that.

PD: To be sincere, at first I wasn't too enthusiastic with the Character wizard, but now I see a lot of potential.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I really like your idea of an action database Selgin, it would be interesting to see the action sets people come up with. thanks for the walk set, added to my CW. so many bright and shiney things in AS8 hadn't got around to making a full set yet. :)
drumlug13

Post by drumlug13 »

The one on the right would be perfect for a grape-stomping cartoon. I personally love a good grape-stomping cartoon.

CW is obviously aimed at new guys like me. It's like they laid out parts to make a go-cart but I'm sure you guys will build a Ferari out of it in no time.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Danimal wrote:Definite improvement, but egads those arms are long! Is that guy part orangatan or something?
well you know what they say about a guy with long arms...or is it big feet? :lol:
winknotes

Post by winknotes »

jonbo wrote:
Danimal wrote:Definite improvement, but egads those arms are long! Is that guy part orangatan or something?
well you know what they say about a guy with long arms...or is it big feet? :lol:
I thought it was big gloves......
Steve Winkler

Anime Studio Pro 6.2
Windows 7 64-bit
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

selgin wrote:I know the presets in the character wizard are not too beautiful, but with your own parts you can create pretty cool presets.
Is there a way to change the actual bodies? I've found folders for all the parts (eyes, mouth, feet) but the bodies themselves seem to be hardcoded.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

ponysmasher wrote:
selgin wrote:I know the presets in the character wizard are not too beautiful, but with your own parts you can create pretty cool presets.
Is there a way to change the actual bodies? I've found folders for all the parts (eyes, mouth, feet) but the bodies themselves seem to be hardcoded.
From what I know, you can't change the bodies themselves. I think it has to be with how the character wizard is constructed. The body points are moved by the sliders (actually, I think they work similar to blend morph), so they need to be the same number and have the same "morph targets" always.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

That's a shame. I thought the sliders worked on bones but I guess you're right since that would mean you couldn't change any widths.