really bad front view walk test

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I exported a generic woman from the CW and tweaked the resulting anme file:

(Jonbo, hope you don't mind I piggybacked on this thread. I can start a new one if you like.)

edit: removed comments.
Last edited by neeters_guy on Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fulkster

Post by Fulkster »

yah... that's what I'm talkin' about! (Even got a chuckle out of my wife!) :wink:
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

I do not even know how to reply to this. Does that one one the left actually have arm pits up to her sternum?

Does SM not have an art department?
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

The Character Wizard artwork sucks real hard...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

jonbo wrote: well you know what they say about a guy with long arms...
Yeah... long sleeves. :lol:

Looks like with some tweaking this Character Wizard can do some great stuff quickly. Very nice.
~Danimal
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

No problem Neeters, it's the kind of response I was hoping for. Let's face it, even if AS came with more, better stock characters, most of us would still tweak them to our own style. The face elements are really what make a character and these can be saved in the CW, so for my purposes the CW really is a library for heads and actions. I'm going to work with it today and see what's the easiest workflow for it.
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

selgin wrote: This is what I like most of the character wizard, now we can share actions and body parts with no problems. I know the presets in the character wizard are not too beautiful, but with your own parts you can create pretty cool presets.
Maybe we could create an actions database where anybody could upload and share their actions body parts and presets. Just imagine how cool could be that.
Yes, this is a great idea.
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiseling

Post by Wiseling »

benecosse, do you run AS on a windows computer? I have to start AS with administrator rights otherwise AS has no chance to write inside the program folder and several tools seem not to work. Maybe this works for you too.

Jonbo, great thread. It's interesting to see what others create with the Character Wizard.

Selgin, thank you for the Happy Walk - very nice :)

neeters, she looks much better now 8)
Yes, the content of the Character Wizard definitely need some love and tweaking, but it's a great tool...

Another woman from the wizard:
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

Wiseling wrote:benecosse, do you run AS on a windows computer? I have to start AS with administrator rights otherwise AS has no chance to write inside the program folder and several tools seem not to work. Maybe this works for you too.
Yes, i'm on a PC but I don't have a problem saving the new actions, its that the wizard doesn't seem to read any new 'bone translate' keyframes i make. It seems to just read rotation, and manipulation tool, not translate bone. Is this just me?
I can manually change the actions on each position once the poses have been placed onto the timeline by the wizard.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

benecosse wrote:
Wiseling wrote:benecosse, do you run AS on a windows computer? I have to start AS with administrator rights otherwise AS has no chance to write inside the program folder and several tools seem not to work. Maybe this works for you too.
Yes, i'm on a PC but I don't have a problem saving the new actions, its that the wizard doesn't seem to read any new 'bone translate' keyframes i make. It seems to just read rotation, and manipulation tool, not translate bone. Is this just me?
I can manually change the actions on each position once the poses have been placed onto the timeline by the wizard.
In the preset action that come with the wizard has characters jumping(I do not own 8 yet but I saw the examples.) I wonder why translate bone is in the built in actions but not when you make an action.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
3deeguy

Post by 3deeguy »

jonbo, what did I miss?
Cheers, Larry
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Hi Selgin I have put your happy walk file in action.
When I select a character and select for happy walk, the scroller don't work.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Hey kkrawal, if you are talking about the sliders in the CW, they only work on the default walk action. If you need to tweak Selgin's happy walk action, you'll have to do it after you export a character from the CW.