"The Racist" FINISHED FILM

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

tryxiegirl

Post by tryxiegirl »

This is nice :D
Life is beautiful. Smile!
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

Update July 1st:

Finishing up the last sequence. The whole thing should be up within the next few days so keep an eye out!
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

Here's the finished short! Enjoy!

The Racist
Kalamonkey

Post by Kalamonkey »

Awesome job! I love the animation! the comedy! It's all brilliant! "You're a Block past it!" Too Funny! I hope you produce more!
"No one ever said the story has to make sense!"

http://www.youtube.com/KalamonkeyTV
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Loved every bit of it, this is awesome piece of writing and you did a pretty good job at voicing it.

Looking forward to another one!
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

Loved every bit of it, this is awesome piece of writing and you did a pretty good job at voicing it.
Haha actually, all of the voices were done by David Spates (who also wrote the peice). I just did the animation!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

spoooze! wrote:
Haha actually, all of the voices were done by David Spates (who also wrote the peice). I just did the animation!
heheh, I see, still, it is a good piece of animation, you really got the best out of the cut-out genre, kudos!
paulcopeland

Post by paulcopeland »

Great animation.

I enjoyed the sound effects.

Keep up the great work.

Paul.
Get my free piano sheet music here http://www.scoreexchange.com/profiles/pianoedition
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Loved it. I'm not sure if it was something with the frame rate or an intention effect, but quick movements seemed to havea kind of "trailing" effect to them. The characters all really moved beautifully though.
~Danimal
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

Thanks for the comments guys!
Danimal wrote:Loved it. I'm not sure if it was something with the frame rate or an intention effect, but quick movements seemed to havea kind of "trailing" effect to them. The characters all really moved beautifully though.
Yeah, I noticed that. It's interlacing which is caused by framerate changes. With me in the past it happened in certain programs when I convert a 24fps video to 30fps.

In live action, you get something like this:

The original video didn't have any interlacing but I guess something got messed up after I handed it over to David (maybe I sent it to him at 24fps instead of 30 like I meant to... I'll have to check on that...).

I kind of like it though... sort of adds a cool motion blur effect! It looks okay for this pseudo 3D style. It looks awful on the "traditional" Anime Studio flat cutouts though.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

your animation has come leaps and bounds from when I last saw it. Really great man, nice flowing movement you have there.
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

Thanks Mikdog! That means a lot coming from you!
cucumihai

Post by cucumihai »

Great animation, i knew it was anime studio :D
I am a subscriber of David.
Kedric

Post by Kedric »

I spend the entire time staring at some of those mouth movements. I don't think I could ever do that. Wow. So fluid and perfect.
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

Kedric wrote:I spend the entire time staring at some of those mouth movements. I don't think I could ever do that. Wow. So fluid and perfect.
Thanks! I get that a lot. I think the reason it looks so good is that I didn't use pre-made mouth shapes (they're all custom made from scratch via point-manipulation) and I actually inbetween the mouth shapes too to give it that smooth, expressive look.