Goldfish - We Come Together (animated music video finished)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kellz5460

Post by kellz5460 »

aww...Its private...

I think its because I didnt subscribe to you before but I did now- I'm curious to see what you've done

**btw- I can't get that song out of my head now thanks...but thats cuz I love it so much
OMG make it stop!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hiya,

Whoops, no it was my fault. I changed it to unlisted. Should work now, or at least in a few minutes.

Thanks,

Mike
kellz5460

Post by kellz5460 »

i really like it-

I like the bouncing...can't say anything more

I think if you do anything more to it- it might start to get "too busy" if you know what i mean

i wish you put it up in its entirety just so i could see the whole flow of things

One thing though- at the end- I kinda liked the "Push B to go into Clay mode" thing you had
OMG make it stop!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hi,

Thanks. The end text? Really? Ok, interesting ... did it remind you of Mario? I may keep that in if that's a general feeling, but if this new version isn't working with you, that's a note. I made them bigger so that the transition would be easier on the mind instead of small characters to big pixel clay characters, but I can add in frames of small characters going big.

Thanks for the feedback.

Mike
kellz5460

Post by kellz5460 »

yup mario- actually a thought just came to mind

Its probably to late but-

what if you did like that flag pole that mario jumps on at the end and he then goes in the castle?

it just popped into my mind but meh- like i said i think its great now
OMG make it stop!
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

It goes right to the spot!

Few things, again ,) caught my attention.

3D scene looks very nice, but hope it would have some color corrections in the post-production? Maybe it`s just me, but think it needs some more contrast (while saturation is preserved). Also, speed of the camera movement... not sure what to say, but there`s some smoke in it.

Little stick, that pushes the B button, comes from an odd direction and has kind a strange movement. Perhaps, enter for bottom-right, but then give it a simple rotation toward the button? On the other hand, it is useful to have some awkward movement in the video, it might make people watch it again... to make sure if they saw it correctly ,)

... and, +1 for the text at the end. It was quite nice and complementary for the mood of the hole video (pixels, video games.. etc).

All in all, very very nice job!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks guys, points noted. Yes, all going to post. Another team doing that. I'm rendering a compressed version into another compressed version, so it loses a lot.

Will consider the pole gag, I like that a lot.

Thanks.
tonym

Post by tonym »

Whoa, you added a LOT. You're some kind of super animation robot machine, cranking out frames of animation like...(dang, I need an analogy)...like an oak tree cranks out acorns?

Cripes, you even improved things that looked fine the way they were.

Anyhow, the bit you posted looks great! Keep doing what you're doing and good luck not going over your deadline.

Tony
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

lol. Ta. Still so much to do. I had a lot of hands working on this video, still meant explaining lots of things and now fixing lots of what's been done, but it did help, I think, with time a great deal.
NightmanGX

Post by NightmanGX »

Very Cool Mikdog! Just watched your improvements. I like the 3D scene better now. The lighting is much better the second time 'round. The 3d has a Minecraft feel to it. Also like the other character cameos. FTW

Question: How do you get the 16-bit effect with Anime Studio? I recently was trying to do that by rendering out image at low resolutions and then scaling them up but all it does is blur the edges.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hiya,

I draw things at low resolution in Photoshop then bump it up before bringing it into AS. Bit of a pain, but its the best solution I've found.

Bump up in Photoshop with nearest neighbor interpolation and at axact multiples (if your image is 10 pixels width, bump up to 20 pixels width, or 30 pixels or something so you keep the squareness. If you bump up to 15 pixels you'll get weird looking shapes)
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Ahoy.

A little bit more. Colours working for you? yes/no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCX92Lz3ans

More bouncing.

Thanks,

Mike
kellz5460

Post by kellz5460 »

hmm- like is said before- i think now, it is maybe too much.

I think having the 3 character bouncing is good- i dunno about having the bosses bounce-(edit) I think it would make sense since the'yre not part of the gold fish- Also I wouldn't keep the bouncing throughout the whole vid because some of the later scenes- I rewatched the first thing- would not be served by it

the color that starts at :08 with the saxaphone fight I think is really TOO much. I think it's starting to get like one of those japanese seizure inducing cartoons- I do like the fishy time and when they got the keyboard and sax though

maybe you want to consider not having that much color - it's kinda hard on the eyes- atleast i think

I think in that respects without those color tints it was fine the way it was
OMG make it stop!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hi Kellz,

Thanks for this, I think you may be right. Think I may remove the colour tints.

Ah, the joys of working in isolation. This feedback is really valuable stuff. I seriously value it. Hopefully I can put a fuller version online soon and get some more feedback before going live. Thanks.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Friendly friends.

Another WIP:

http://vimeo.com/22702350

password: goldfish

Any feedback you have, please let me know. As I near the end of this production I want to nudge and tweak as much as possible.

Many thanks,

Mike