Dialogue test on a new rig

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

impossibilia

Dialogue test on a new rig

Post by impossibilia »

Until now I've only done stick figure characters in Anime Studio, so I've been building a rig for a more complex character to see what I could come up with and what the workflow is like.

Here's a first dialogue test with a little Liam Neeson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83mEW7H4h4Y

The character is pretty modular, in that I can swap out faces, hair styles, and clothing to create a lot of characters. The rig is giving me some problems though, can't seem to get a walk cycle that doesn't break the vectors.
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

It's cool, I like the character. Animation is nice too 8)

If you are having problems with tearing/breaking vectors, you should pop over to the How Do I section (viewforum.php?f=13). There are a lot of helpful people around, and if you can post your .anme file, someone who knows what they are doing can download and have a look at how you are doing things. Doesn't hurt to post some screen shots of your rigs and explain any use of bone locking etc.

You've got an awesome sounding voice and with characters like this, I'm looking forward to what you might come up with.
impossibilia

Post by impossibilia »

Thanks for the advice, cheyne! I have spent a lot more time in the How Do I section now to get some ideas. It's interesting that after doing 3D animation for so long that I have to relearn a lot of things when moving over to this medium.

I've had a cold and haven't done any more animation yet, so just thought I'd post a little look at how I have my setup going and the female character to go along with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIVwQWgJnLU
winknotes

Cool idea

Post by winknotes »

I like your male and female character template file. It helps to see things like that as someone starting out with anime studio.

thanks for sharing.

steve winkler
Danimal

Re: Dialogue test on a new rig

Post by Danimal »

impossibilia wrote:can't seem to get a walk cycle that doesn't break the vectors.
You and me both. Let me know if you find a solution. Me? I just stage the scenes to keep them waist up only.
~Danimal
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

One thing to look at is how you are FILLING your shapes. I can't for the life of me find the post, but there was a good explanation about this. A person was trying to animate a, well, "symbol" style person - like you'd see on a toilet door.
He was having overlapping and tearing issues - try deleting the shapes, keep your points thought - now fill with the paint bucket individually and see how that goes.
Sorry I'm about to get ready for work and don't have time to look for link or post a sample.
Good luck, I'll check it out later.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Not sure if this is the thread, but it does go into some detail about fixing overlapping vectors.

Character's Arms at side position makes things difficult