Anime studio backgrounds: Family Guy

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PARKER

Post by PARKER »

knunk wrote:Excellent work Parker... but I feel strangely violated. Ha ha. I hope you dig into this further and research some more. A lot of work was put into the art direction. Take a look on the FK site at the pre production artwork. This is a tiny portion of what was produced to nail down the look and palette of the show. So don't just look at the surface, dig deeper and get into composition and colour theory. These are extremely well done though. Hats off to you.

Jez
Im sure i have almost checked the whole FK site but may be i forgot about something, definitely im cheking it again.
Color and composition are really important, im taking your suggestion.
Thanks for your kind words i really appreciate them, i will be posting more of my BGs soon.
knunk

Post by knunk »

Hi Guys
All BGs were done in Photoshop.

cheers

Jez
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

knunk wrote:Hi Guys
All BGs were done in Photoshop.

cheers

Jez
I knew it was Photoshop! almsot everybody use it to make Bgs.
Freakish Kid

Post by Freakish Kid »

Hi Parker,

Its good to see Cluckie inspiring people, but Knunk is right, try to dig deeper. Not just look at the surface and copy elements but think of them in a composition as a whole.

Think about where the action for the animation will be and try to frame the shot with colour and shapes that lead the eyes to the action.

You'll find most of the backgrounds to Cluckie in the making of section. The really important ones help the action flow and frame the animation in a way that makes every frame look great.

Look at some colour design (the ones on the site) and try to come up with your own mood/composition that will lift your artwork to more than just a homage.

You obviously have the ability to do it, we'll be looking forward to seeing some more stuff.

FK
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Freakish Kid wrote:Hi Parker,

Its good to see Cluckie inspiring people, but Knunk is right, try to dig deeper. Not just look at the surface and copy elements but think of them in a composition as a whole...

FK
Wise suggestions, i will have them all in count, thanks for them and for making La reine soleil and CVC which show what AS is really capable of, your works TRULY inspire all of us at the forum.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

A new style i have been working on, it was a real pleasure to make them.
I will post more in this style soon:

jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Parker, you just keep getting better all the time! (Cue for a song...)
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
hothead

Post by hothead »

Nice work so all along person been using image file for bg than drawing them in AS worst like how i cant draw anything but i get love 2d thanks for the info
Vagabond

Post by Vagabond »

Awesome Parker. You make me feel better about choosing this program. You also make me feel bad cause I suck. OK. That's it. I'm getting offline and watching more tutorials.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Vagabond wrote:Awesome Parker. You make me feel better about choosing this program. You also make me feel bad cause I suck. OK. That's it. I'm getting offline and watching more tutorials.
No doubt AS is an amazing software and VERY underrated, its a really shame that just a few people know it and some that do just doenst take the time enough to study it and they just start writing on the forums that its a crappy program.

This is a new style i have been working on and i think its almost ready, i will be teaching this BG style in my next set of tutorials.

Do that, dont distract yourself eating while you work or hearing music, those distracted me at the begining, it still does sometimes but not too much.

Right now im living at a hotel and probably in the most turistic and visited city of colombia so i looking every day at BEATIFUL french, argentinan, chilean, colombian, american women so its a HUGE distraction for me, im struggling with it, luckily im not that womanizer and party goer, im more quiet but the good think here is that i can know some interesting people and practice my english :) .
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Uolter

Post by Uolter »

Parker, I really love this style you're developing, It definitely reflect my taste! I'm working again for a contest and I decided to pay more attention to the background construction, I used third, color schemes, and other knowledges I forgot before, the result isn't good as yours and it's very different in the end, but thanks for your input, I feel I'm doing better.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Uolter wrote:Parker, I really love this style you're developing, It definitely reflect my taste! I'm working again for a contest and I decided to pay more attention to the background construction, I used third, color schemes, and other knowledges I forgot before, the result isn't good as yours and it's very different in the end, but thanks for your input, I feel I'm doing better.
The videotutorials will help you a lot, im almost done with this style, im developing some other things to define it a bit more.
Im teaching this style in my next set of tutorials.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

A new style im experimenting with:

Also wanted to let you know that i made the first BGs of this post and didnt said anything about taking inspiration from the cluckie the vampire chiken show because i wanted to know how good i was at emulating styles so when the comments about clukie the vampire chiken came up i kewn that i was good :)
Its good to develop your own style but making Bgs in other peoples styles requires skills as well.
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

Great work Parker. Thanks for sharing.