BIOWAR and TETSUO

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

thehunter08

BIOWAR and TETSUO

Post by thehunter08 »

BIOWAR - 2008 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV00hxqhLsE
TETSUO: TRAPPED LIQUID CRYSTAL - 2010 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM7V71w8KyQ

My first animation from my senior Film Project in Film Class. And my first live action animation that I've shown to almost 200 people 5 days ago.

The first animation was when I was getting use to Anime Studio Pro 5 so I was only a beginner.

The Second animation for my film project adding the element of Live Action Animation which is my favorite genre so you can probably say that I'm an intermediate.
crsP

Post by crsP »

'Live action animation' is a contradictory term. It is not possible.
Mozbo

Post by Mozbo »

Perhaps he meant to add the word "mixture," as in "live action animation mixture..."

You certainly are on an argumentative tear here, today... Whazzup? Someone pee in your cornflakes? Chill out, dude, at least he wasn't using txtspeak or misspelling "loose" for "lose..."

@thehunter08,
I actually liked your first piece better. The new one kind of drags between the soundtrack, slow text, and somewhat mindless seeming noise and chaos...If there was a storyline to it, I couldn't get it. I was hoping it would be a sequel to your first piece, advancing the storyline with improved animation...
~M
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.
Life is short, enjoy the adventure!
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

There is such a thing as live action animation, it's called pixelation. Shooting live action, having them move, shooting them again. So yes, live action animation does exist. Also time lapse.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Ooh, while we're all being pedantic, I thought I'd join in! "Pixelation" is where the pixels in a digital image become obtrusive or very noticeable. The process you are referring to is "Pixillation" or "Pixilation". Questions, anyone?
Last edited by jahnocli on Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Kedric

Post by Kedric »

Your way of mixing sounds/videos/styles together is really interesting. I like it. I will have to remember this idea and put it in my tool box in case I every need to do something that is a little more, "live." :-)
crsP

Post by crsP »

madrobot wrote:There is such a thing as live action animation, it's called pixelation. Shooting live action, having them move, shooting them again. So yes, live action animation does exist. Also time lapse.
Naw, you got it slightly mixed up. The Norman McLaren technique of pixilation is essentially stopmotion animation but with the use of real humans as opposed to models. It's long been established that 'live action' refers to non-animated film recording. For example, John Goodman starred in the live action version of The Flintstones - this clearly distinguishes it from the voice acting done in the cartoon.

Mozbo, believe it or not, I was being helpful. He states he is on a film course, so better to be corrected in place like here, than to make that mistake in front of his lecturers. That's my thinking anyway.

But my main goal was to ruin as many people's Christmas as I could.
Mozbo

Post by Mozbo »

crsP wrote:
madrobot wrote:...But my main goal was to ruin as many people's Christmas as I could.
Thankfully, you're only a legend in your own mind, so the rest of us weren't affected.

At least we know to turn to you if any of us ever feel the need for unasked for pedantic sarcasm and negativity or general pedantic correction. :roll:
~M
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.
Life is short, enjoy the adventure!