My first attempt with anime studio pro 7

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AeroneousFog

My first attempt with anime studio pro 7

Post by AeroneousFog »

Here's my first short (real short). It's pretty stupid and the animation is rudimentary, but the ending still makes me chuckle after seeing it a thousand times. I'm open to any constructive criticism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w8TEqKqO8k
LeeHasPencil

Post by LeeHasPencil »

Didn't get the joke. But thought it wasn't too badly animated. Very Monty Python but you probably already knew that.
Mozbo

Post by Mozbo »

It lasted about 15 seconds too long. At :30 it would be a bit funnier. As is, it starts to get old about the 3rd fart in...(or out...:lol: )

The animation is pretty smooth, but the baby raises his leg at too extreme an angle, it starts to disincorporate from the body.

The cockney accent is too exaggerated, but that can be attributed to "artistic license or Monty Python homage..."
~M
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.
Life is short, enjoy the adventure!
tonym

Post by tonym »

Another ASP animator in the show-me state? Sweet.

There's a lot of good stuff in your short; you're clearly off to a promising start.

It was produced?
AeroneousFog

Post by AeroneousFog »

Thanks for all the feedback! I agree about the farts going on too long. I kind felt that way after rendering it, but I was kind of burned out and ready to be done with it (a completely pathetic excuse for not doing the work haha).

About the angle of the leg -- I was going for an extreme angle for comedy purposes - to make it ridiculous. But maybe better animation would have been the superior choice. I guess it doesn't play correctly.

The whole thing really needs to be tightened up for sure. It's very clunky. This project illustrated to me just how difficult timing can be. And timing is everything in comedy (and animation). I can't let myself get so lazy in the future and expect it to be really funny.

But I thank you all for the critiques, it's good to hear the truth that I kind of knew in the back of my mind but didn't want to face. I really respect all the talented people on this site, and I know your insights are well informed.

The producer is a joke/homage. Charles Joffe is a died in 2008. He produced all of Woody Allen's movies. (not that I want to be Woody Allen haha)

thanks again
tonym

Post by tonym »

Duhrrrr. I should've got the Charles Joffe gag. I love Woody Allen.

Favorite Allen quote: "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying."
Kedric

Post by Kedric »

You do a pretty good job at image warping for just beginning. It looks really good.
AeroneousFog

Post by AeroneousFog »

thanks man!
dasloris

Post by dasloris »

Nice job,

How is ASP 7?

I wanted to upgrade, but heard it was glitchy and people were having problems with it. Did they patch it yet?