Concept sketch

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Regul8R

Concept sketch

Post by Regul8R »

this is just an idea i had this morning. day-dreamed the story, dont wont to say to much at the mo'. not fleshed out enough. :D
im very interested in trying to animate the view from the car in moho.
will be tough, i think, but i'll give it a go

cheers
jay b
Blessings for you, but none for me....
thies

storytelling....

Post by thies »

question;
why is everybody so fascinated by guns, explosions, etc. i think its so cheap and shallow, i love to see a more real emotions of everyday. coyote should fall in love with the bird. bert and ernie should wanna have a baby to take care for....
nothing personal, i'm just wondering an dfantasizing about story telling.
lots of love to everybody,
thies
Regul8R

Post by Regul8R »

Im sorry but i feel i have to respond. you call me cheap and shallow based on a single drawing ive done?
where did i state in my post that i was fascinated by guns, explosins?
i didnt, its one idea im working on. you have no idea what the idea behind the drawing is, for all you know it could be an emotional drama.
by all means express your criticsim of my work, thats why i post here, but if my ideas dont correspond with yours, should i stop working on them?
i agree that animation should contain more drama, but telling me to work on sesame st characters is a bit pushy.
if thats what your interested in, i respect you for that, but does that mean i shouldn't work on my own ideas?
you've categorized me based on a single referance.

im sorry if i sound p'd off, but i get the feeling you judged me based on a single post i made.

welcome to the forum thies, im sorry if i got a little heated, but i think we all have individual beliefs and practices.
hope we can have more productive talks in future, and go on challenging peoples perceptions

if ive gotten the wrong end of the stick, forgiveness please.
cribble

Post by cribble »

Its just a skecth.
--Scott
cribble.net
thies

sorry

Post by thies »

i'm sorry regulator, i wrote that on impulse and i didnt mean it the negative and offensive way you took it. :oops:
yesterday night i was looking around the web and i just noticed on all the sites and forums about animation that its a lot about violence and sex, and it absolutely wasnt the inspiration i was lookin for.... i hope you can forgive me.....
the real question is; i want to make a short film in moho, how can i get the peoples attention without tits and guns..... what do i want to tell????

i hope we are cool
ciao

thies
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Pie throwing can be very funny :D :D :D
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Rasheed wrote:Pie throwing can be very funny :D :D :D
Unless it's this episode of The Brady Bunch:

http://davidbrady.com/eb/buncheps5.html#bunch112

I would also argue that was the point when the show "Jumped the Shark".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumped_the_shark
jorgy

Re: sorry

Post by jorgy »

thies wrote:yesterday night i was looking around the web and i just noticed on all the sites and forums about animation that its a lot about violence and sex, and it absolutely wasnt the inspiration i was lookin for....
I think there are two issues here. First, sex sells. SEX SEX SEX. See? People are already more interested in my post. :?

Secondly, we have to think of where drama comes from. There must be conflict, there must be strife, in order for there to be tension and action. Something must be at stake in order for the audience to care about the characters and as a result, if it's written well, the characters will fight to have a favorable outcome. Otherwise, what's the point?

Now, I would argue that violence for the sake of violence is wrong, and just saying "society is violent, so I'm showing the way society is." There must be some point, some literary or redeeming value, however small.

Think about it: Star Wars (all episodes) isn't about the thousands of generations of peace the Jedi had protected, it was about the struggle between good and evil after that peaceful time ended.
Regul8R

Post by Regul8R »

thies - im sorry also, got a bit up myself,
lets just start again, ok mate.

i do think violence, in cartoons at least, is mostly done well.
always the aggresssor is eventually the one hurt most, so even violence can promote morals :lol:

as for sex and violence in movies, most people have no idea whats a good film.
a) harvey - with jimmmy stewart, classic.

b) generic shoooter iivvxm - dull, pointless.

dont get me wrong, action films done well, good actors, decent script can be a great movie experience

jay b