A still from my new project

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

illbill

A still from my new project

Post by illbill »

So here is a new project I am working on. It is a still from the title and I am curious what people think of it. I just used the MOHO objects library for the background but they will be replaced with original backgrounds when I finish them.

Thoughts?
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

Cool!!!
illbill

Post by illbill »

Thanks! It's a fun little Sci-Fi Noir film
CrAzY Dan

Post by CrAzY Dan »

This is cooool! 8)

How did you make the shading?

Great Work

CrAzY Dan :wink:
15 year old Anime Studio user...
27/12/06: Im back and ready to get creating again!!
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Character design: good.
Hands from what I can see here: not as good as the character.
Title graphics: not good, I think the font doesn't fit with the character, too cartoony, the "coming soon" and "interstellar..." is pasted on in a cheap looking way.

End conclusion: A good character with details that need some work but there's a lot of potential. Do you have a little clip with movement? And with the complete legs?

Good luck with the project,

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

nobudget wrote:Title graphics: not good, I think the font doesn't fit with the character, too cartoony, the "coming soon" and "interstellar..." is pasted on in a cheap looking way.
I agree. Is there some way you can combine film noir with interstellar in your choice or usage of font?
Regul8R

Post by Regul8R »

nice work. character is very stylised, you obviously worked hard to get there, especially the shadows/shading.

to all others, i think the image was more to get an idea on the charcter rather than the layout or font, as these can easily be modified to suit his/her needs

jay b
Blessings for you, but none for me....
illbill

Post by illbill »

Yeah, the titles you see around the character are just the layout points like the background. Not the actual I will use (still trying to locate a font I like).

The character has evolved to this so far and I am still tweaking and doing character sheets until I get them how I want them. The hands are just kind of "there" behind the guns. Each piece of the character is done individualy to get the best (without over doing) detail and those are the last pieces to import.

Thanks for all the feedback! As I get some animation tests done I'll post those!

Oh yeah! The shading is nothing more than different colors divided on the object. So if the shirt is dark gray, I divide and draw the shadows how I want them and just fill it as a complex object.