New guy

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

awalker

New guy

Post by awalker »

Hey everyone My name is Andre and i've been a fan of animation since I was a little kid (which was a long, long time ago) I was in a office max one day and saw a copy of anime studio debut on the shelf for $50 and decided to pick it up. I've been playing around with it for awhile and did a few animations with it earlier this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp1a0MmLnH4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipjU76_KjvY

I know their not anywhere close to some of the work i've seen here but I'm still learning how to us the program.

I resently pick up AS7 and have slowly starting to using it. I'll be spending a lot of time in tips & techniques as well as the share your work section of the forums to try and learn how to get better and see everyone's awesome work.

If it's cool i'll be asking for help from time to time to get my animation skills on par with the rest of the forums. I'm really new to all of this and I know it will take me alot of time to understand some of your answers & directions to my questions so if you could be patient with me i'd really appericate it.

Thanks in advance.
Andre
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Not to bad, I love the Flintstones.

When you move a bone at somewhere in the time line it will start moving from frame 0/1, to keep the bones from doing the slow movements all the way you need to copy the key point/s at frame 0/1 and paste them in the time line near the point where Fred moves his arm or change the key point to step.

I like your Fred drawing, Did you rotoscope him?
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
awalker

Post by awalker »

sbtamu wrote:Not to bad, I love the Flintstones.

When you move a bone at somewhere in the time line it will start moving from frame 0/1, to keep the bones from doing the slow movements all the way you need to copy the key point/s at frame 0/1 and paste them in the time line near the point where Fred moves his arm or change the key point to step.

I like your Fred drawing, Did you rotoscope him?
Thanks for the advice I love the Flintstones too. I'll remember your tips on my next animation attempt. I traced the image of Fred Flintstone for a pic I found on the internets.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

I have seen a lot of works from newbies here in this section and let me tell you that compared to them you really did a nice job vectoring that character(Fred from the flintstone) its pretty similar to the original so i think you are having a good start with the software.
Feel free to ask when you have doubts and keep up the good work :)
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

looks really nice! I look forward to see more :-)
awalker

Post by awalker »

Hey thanks Joppa & PARKER. I really appericate it. I've been lurking on the forums for awhile before posting and I've seen some awesome work. Especially from PARKER. The work you have done with anime studios exacty what I want to do with the program. Looking forward to posting more of my work and learning from everyone here.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

awalker wrote:Hey thanks Joppa & PARKER. I really appericate it. I've been lurking on the forums for awhile before posting and I've seen some awesome work. Especially from PARKER. The work you have done with anime studios exacty what I want to do with the program. Looking forward to posting more of my work and learning from everyone here.
Thanks.
You have choosen the correct software for your proyects, AS is very underrated when actually its a very powerful program, i think several users here in this section have proved that.
awalker

Post by awalker »

I have my first question. How have some of you here learned how to use the program? Like i said earlier i'm new to this so I purchased the anime studios 5 guide online to help me understand the program. But I've seen some really helpful video's here and on youtube. So which is it more useful? To finish reading the guide or can I learn more about the program from watching the video tutorials?
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

Both. To understand all the features you have to read the guide, then to learn tricks and how to speed up your work watch the tutorials, of course follow this forum and animate animate animate!
Just a question: Why you purchased a old version guide when you got the current guide on your version? just print it.
Welcome
awalker

Post by awalker »

Thanks. When I purchased AS7 online it gave me a cheaper bundle price if I got the guide along with it. I figured I could still learn the basics of the program even with an older guide.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Like Uolter said and by own experience i can tell you that making both is the best.
Read the tutorial that comes with software and others on the web, also watch videos on youtube, you can find some of them very usefull.

And the most important one, come to this forum to learn from the posts that the users make everyday in the how do i...? and tip and techniques sections, also make all the questions you want every time you have doubts, many people here will be willing to help you.
awalker

Post by awalker »

Thanks guys. I really appericate the help.