Just something I've been working on ;)

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Ice1991

Just something I've been working on ;)

Post by Ice1991 »

hey guys,

well it's been awhile since I last posted here (been pretty busy more or less) but I thought I'd share what I've been working on.

it's my own cartoon series known as "Why Buy Mugs" it stars my random cast of characters (some created by family members) so yeah Here is a link to the website hope you will check it out and let me know what you think :)

Site no longer Up.
but still on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/Savedbybloo ... ature=mhum

I have a total of 4 little cartoons at the moment

Thanks
Last edited by Ice1991 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ice1991

Post by Ice1991 »

wow 75 views and no comment haha... oh well :P just hope you guys enjoyed the toons
fracturedray

Post by fracturedray »

:)

I like the bizarre ugly characters, very original.

As for animation, keep practicing. I think what you have could become really interesting if you put some serious effort into improving your animations.

Add some more details to the bones. Perhaps make a few bones for the guy in the blue shirt's hair. Maybe even add some to his ears so they could move a little as he walks. the feet are really stiff so it seems like there is only one bone for the leg. How about adding an ankle and toe bones?

When the character falls (or the fire works) speed up the fall a bit. The best way to learn about how to animate a falling object is to do the bouncing ball test until it looks realistic.

The fire in the 4th of July could have been done with some spark like particle effect. Look into how to make particles.

I'd like to see the background look at weird as the characters. Why does the building look so normal? :)

Last but not least. It is fine to try and do stories like this but also consider doing really short experiment animations to get used to the process.
Hi animation world.
Imago

Post by Imago »

So strange and so good! :shock:
Do you like H.P. Lovecraft stories?
I noticed some "inspiration" from he's stories in your works!
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Ice1991

Post by Ice1991 »

Thanks guys, glad you liked them :) (sorry it took so long to reply... busy with holidays and such)

but I will definitely try what you suggested @fracturedray.

and haha never heard of H.P. Lovecraft stories @Imago, though I may have to check those out now :wink:
Kedric

Post by Kedric »

I agree with what others have said.

I like the ugly characters.

It seems you mix a lot of really sweet techniques with a lack of techniques. There were parts of your animation that looked cheap and other parts that were outstanding.

I loved your head turn. It looks so good. I watched it like 5 times. :-)
reneuend

Post by reneuend »

How'd I miss the head turn???? Very well done!